Chapter 18

FIONA's POV

This was the first time I was staring at Louis and he was not staring back, I wondered if he was scared to ask.

"No thanks I'm good, why is this so important to you?" he rubbed the back of his neck and hesitated still avoiding my eyes

"Y-you'd make a great cheerleader... also it's my first game in Dian... and I'd like it if you could... Ummm.. cheer for me, I mean it will be nice to get support from you"

"I can't help you with that... but I might come for the competition"

Louis grinned widely "You would? Thanks!" my body stiffened as he pulled me into a bear hug that lasted a little longer than normal

"Hmm... Louis, that's enough" I managed to whisper

"Oh! Sorry" he moved back with his grin never leaving his face for a minute

"Bye, I'm going home" I walked to the gate without waiting for his response.

As I was preparing for the night I forgot all about the stress of my part-time jobs, but I couldn't stop thinking about Louis' smile

I chuckled lightly as I brushed my hair in front of the mirror.

"Don't be a fool Fiona! Remember what Suzy said" I exhaled then inwardly questioned myself about why my presence in his first game matters a lot.

I was in the middle of my debate when my hair turned silver slowly creeping to my ankle, a diamond crystal appeared on my head, my ears grew thinner and longer then my skin became paler. It's was already midnight and I was awake thinking about a guy all day that possibly forgot about my existence as soon as I left.

I glanced at myself in the mirror as my heart felt heavier "Suzy was right... I don't belong here, I don't belong anywhere... I should stay out of trouble and not do anything I would regret later" I curled on my bed wishing all my sadness would disappear.

 I should stay out of trouble and not do anything I would regret later" I curled on my bed wishing all my sadness would disappear