Chapter 65

FIONA's POV 
I trembled as I held her hands, "but- how did you?"

She caressed my face and smiled, "You've grown to be a beautiful woman. I'm proud of you, I know your father will be too."

I gripped her, I never wanted to let go, "I missed you so much, Mom." My throat was on the verge of bursting as I sniffed.

"No more tears darling, today's your wedding day," she rubbed my back. 

"How long will it last?" I whispered, "For an hour or two. As an apology gift I promised myself I will attend your wedding" Mom said.

"I arrived early and told Louis to keep the surprise until the after-party," she said. Louis darted his eyes from mine.  

I turned to Mom, "Was it a spell? At what cost?" I lowered my voice.

"The body seal spell. Only Salvins cast spells but I'm in a contract with the river portal, it'll cost me the ability to communicate with mystic people for some years," Mom said. 

"What! You'll be dormant for years?" I said.

"It's only temporary, but the portal will be available," she said.

I stared at her, the strongest and most caring woman I know. Although I'm not happy about her state, I'm grateful for the sacrifice she made just to look out for me. 

"Thanks for everything, Mom, you're the best," I hugged her. "Aww, thanks baby," she pulled Louis into the hug.

"Oh, one moment," she grinned at Louis and pulled me to a corner. 

"Family planning advice from me, Glorindians are five times stronger than us— if you know what I mean. I did not see that coming, I get why it's illegal," she said.

"Mom!" I said. 

"I don't know about a Salvin-human experience, it's the first time for everything, right?" she said.

"Mom?" I turned red. 

"Ooh! What's that," she moved to the white table and grabbed a plate, "this looks yummy, I'll try it."

"Okay, help yourself," I chuckled.

...

We entered the Limousine and stopped in front of a tall white wall, "welcome home," he clicked a button and it separated in halves. 

It revealed a white magnificent structure with multiple black glass windows and doors in the center of a neatly mowed vast land. 

"Open," Louis said. "Your Mom told me about the Glorindains' love for tech. I tried my best, right?" he switched the lights on.

The moving pictures on the HD television caught my attention, I almost thought the jellyfish was real. A small glass table stood in the middle of the white Hamilton chaise sofa. 

"Yeah... this is amazing," I said.

"Do you want to go for the grand tour now or in the morning?" He said.

Louis looked cool but his eyes had all the excitement bottled in. "Nah, let's go now," I said.

I barely finished my statement before he grabbed my hand, "this way," Louis said.

The rooms had similar aesthetics to the living room. It was like a house from the future.  

"This is your room, you can see the garden from your window, I know how much you love nature," he said.

The left wall was an underwater aquarium, where different species of sea animals swarm in their little ocean.

"What do you think? Nature plus tech, Is it Salvin enough?" Louis said.

"Are you kidding! I've never seen anything like this," I said. 

"I saved the best for last," he took me to an empty white room. Louis laughed at my reaction, "I know what you're thinking, maybe this will change your mind." 

He placed his fingerprint on the dashboard, a long table sprang from the ground, and a blue round hologram appeared. "Welcome Louis, how may I help you?" a feminine voice echoed in the room.

"Fiona, this is Chloe, she is the house, you can ask her for help anytime," Louis said.

"Chloe, this is my wife, Fiona, she'll be living here, why don't you say hi?" 

The hologram took a humanoid form and transformed into the physical features of a human being.

"Nice to meet you, Fiona, I'm Chloe," She said. Her voice was as smooth as a person's voice, I glanced at her again to confirm if it was an artificial intelligence I was talking to.

"Nice to meet you too," her hands were as soft as mine.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Louis said.

Chloe went back to her holographic form then we left.

...

The room was large, there was a wide HD television in front of the rose-gold clothed bed, the silver high headboard stood between two bedside tables. The led strip ceiling light made it hard to see the inner rooms.

My heart began to race as he brushed my hand, I bowed my head as I processed the mixed emotions of elation, nervousness and everything in between. His hands moved slowly from hands upwards, his breath tickled my ears.

Louis whispered in an enticing tone, "Relax, Fiona," he hugged me and rested his chin on my shoulder. My eyes widened as my zipper went down, my body stiffened as he removed his jacket and tie.

Louis carried me on his shoulder to the bed, I blushed at his ripped physique above, he smirked and kissed my forehead gently. I could not detect the kind of thoughts running through his mind. 

"Is he making fun of my reaction or he thinks it's cute?" I said inwardly. His gaze moved lower, Louis raised his head like he was asking if he should go ahead, I gave him a small smile.  

He gradually pulled the gown, his eyes glittered with an unholy smile, his gaze was glued to my black lingerie. "Erica picked it for me," my face turned to a ripened tomato. 

"I love it, it's so beautiful," Louis said, almost in a whisper.

My heart thumped faster as he unzipped his trousers and kissed my neck. I hyperventilated, holding his head. I 

was boiling in a kettle—a sweet kettle. I almost got carried away when I heard a whisper like that of the wind "Fiona..."

"Did you hear that?" I stood up