Chapter 30

FIONA's POV

Louis scowled "Hey, she's a girl... let's go" Dylan tapped his shoulder

"Susan if you ever in your life bully Fiona Cinderblock I won't have a second thought about punching your stupid face!" Louis said in a harsh tone.

The number of people increased as they began to gossip in low tones, hovering around the scene to get the full story.

Louis grabbed my hand walking out of the hallway, my brain went blank. The noise from the crowd increased.

He left my hands when we got to a quiet place still backing me "Sorry I overreacted, it's just that she has been so mean to you without a reason. She needs to be warned before she does something that'll hurt you" there was a hint of anger, pain and love in his emotions.

"... I'm sorry for using your last name, I know you don't like to hear it" I nodded my head giving him a small smile. Cinderblock is the name of my father, that name brings memories about my painful past. I'm still getting over it, my noon transformation is not helping matters as it reminds me of what I am.

"Thanks for standing up for me" he gave me a cute grin nodding vigorously, I laughed so hard never expecting that kind of reaction.

The sound of the bell interrupted, we looked at ourselves, Louis held my hands wanting to go back to class, I removed my hands then bowed feeling guilty.

He patted my head "it's okay, let's go. You go first" he gestured with his hands.

"Thanks"

I sat down at the right, close to the window like I always do, I darted my eyes from the door as Louis walked in some minutes after, the beat of my heart increased as he took a step closer. I gasped inwardly as he passed my seat to the next row sitting at the back of his friends.

During all the classes he didn't sit with me, I couldn't stop thinking about if he was unhappy or he didn't want to draw attention.

When we closed I was about to go home when I saw him waving from afar. "Thanks for the jacket, I'll bring it tomorrow" I stared at my shoes because Louis didn't stop looking at me.

I raised my head when he held my pinky "I know what you were thinking, I had to, we don't want them to think something is going on between us, right?" I opened my mouth slightly not knowing how to reply to him.

Louis flashed a smile then left, his smile masked a lot of unknown emotions.

Grade twelve was filled with reading, tests and final exams. I taught Louis all he needed and wished him good luck in his exams. Every time I ask him how was his exams his reply was always "it was okay"