Chapter 7

FIONA's POV

He stared at me with puppy dogs eyes, I averted my eyes with a sigh

"Fine, I'd help but just for today"

He grinned at me and took my book, he was done in a minute and I guess his friends were too with the confident look on their faces I suspected they copied from a reliable source.

We entered a new topic and Louis was not paying attention, as usual, he was drawing something at the back of his notebook when I looked closer it was Mrs. Jane in a stick figure.

He kept raising his head and bowing to complete her ridiculous hair in his diagram.

My eyes moved to his face, a smile appeared every minute as he was engrossed in what he was doing.

He raised his stare and our eyes met, I could not take my eyes off him, normally I would in seconds but this was different.

 Louis smiled wickedly as he wiggled a brow. My eyes widened because of the way my heartbeat reacted, I felt my cheeks heating up and instantly turned the other way before he noticed.

I heard him chuckling and it made me feel even more embarrassed. 

After a while, I slowly turned and began to listen to the teacher but I was tempted to check on Louis again. I glanced with my side view and he was laying on the table staring at nothing in particular. 

My inner voice screamed at me to tap him but I ignored the thought and just concentrated on the teacher. After a while, I knew I was body present but absent-minded.

I checked on him again but he was still in the same position, I hesitated before I tapped his hand. He slightly tilted his head and I didn't know what to say or do. 

"We're still in Maths class" I managed to say.

He nodded then raised his head turning to his friends that had their heads bowed on the table, Louis pressed his lips to suppress his laughter and I found myself smiling for no reason.

"Wake me up when the class is over okay" he whispered before taking the position of his friends. I exhaled and faced the teacher completely.

 I exhaled and faced the teacher completely

Next was music class.

The class is large, painted in rose gold, the table and chairs silver color complemented the white ceiling and air conditioners. Different types of instruments are well arranged on the large stage by the other side of the classroom. It is designed for both theory and practical aspects.

 Mr. Liam first recalled the summary of last year's lesson before teaching us some new topics.

He understands that not everyone is good at music and he gives us time to find out which instrument we like best then he teaches us about it. For the students who are already good at playing like the rich kids he creates time for them to share their music.

He assigned them to play one after the other, most of them played in groups and it was nice, the instruments worked in perfect harmony with their voices, it was as if I was in a concert.

Susan, Marie and Gerda were the first to play, Susan was the singer and the guitarist, Marie played the piano while Gerda played the flute. It was so nice and they received cheers and applause from the class.

I was anticipating Louis' performance, that was all I was interested in. When it finally got to his turn I adjusted my sitting position and fixed my eyes on him.

The people screamed and squealed as Louis and his friends got to the band stage. They stared at themselves like they were communicating or just confused. 

 Dylan stepped forward to the microphone with the guitar hung on his neck, Jack spun the sticks as he took the drummer's seat while Louis stepped to the piano gliding his fingers on the keys. 

At the end of the rock and roll concert, everyone would conclude theirs was the best, the audience were jumping and dancing to the beat including Mr. Liam. I enjoyed the performance well, the whole time I felt it was a real concert until it came to an end.

Everyone crowded them as they walked back to their seats, only me and a few others stayed back. 

Before we heard the bell Mr. Liam thanked everyone and commended their performance, especially that of Louis and his friends which they deserved.

When the day was over I was happy to go back home to take a good shower and my lunch, the next day was a public holiday so there wouldn't be school

I squinted as the sun rays peeked through my curtains.

"It's morning already?" I yawned and stretched as I got down from the bed.

I got ready for the day putting on black jeans, a green shirt, black shoes and weaved my hair then tied the tip with a rubber band.

I reached the restaurant early, I took the morning shift so that I could catch up with other jobs.

I walked to my post and began to slice vegetables and other ingredients in the preparation for more consumers. It is always busy but mostly during the evening and afternoon.

I worked from seven in the morning and now it's nine and I'm still working, it's less busy compared to the early hours. I was a bit tired but had to endure because it was almost time for the next shift to take over.

I recalled yesterday's events. And I couldn't help but smile as the pictures of the rock and roll band flooded my mind. I shook my head and looked around if anyone saw me but they were all busy cooking.

I blinked twice and promised myself that I would focus until my time was up.

I opened the pot and added the sliced vegetables before stirring as I looked in the soup. Louis' face during Maths class popped up in my mind then my heart skipped a beat before I slammed the pot and everyone turned to my direction.

I faked a smile and quickly began to slice more to avoid the staring, soon they all faced their cooking and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Good morning Louis" that was the next thing that kept on ringing in my head then I heard his voice respond in my mind. It's so quick to learn about him. "But why?" I asked myself internally.

The feeling of someone leaning on my shoulder brought me back to reality. With my eyebrows furrowed I turned to see who dared to act all friendly with me.

"Good morning Fiona"

"Louis?"