Chapter 77

FIONA's POV 
"Louis, should the baby's bed be here or there?" I said. He paused the television and looked both ways. "There, you should be resting, Phoenix will get mad again," Louis assisted me to the bed like a delicate egg. "I was about to," I kissed his cheek then rested on the fluffy pillow.

The strong piercing wind accompanied by the snow particles gushed as the window flung open, a familiar eerie aura crept into my bones. 

It clogged to form a blurred figure of a person until it was pieced together. "Compliment of the season, bitch!" time paused to process the illusion in front of me.

"Griffin? How?" I sat up immediately and placed a hand on my belly, he showed up in the wrong timeline. I flinched as his eyes darted to my stomach.

"My child will be born soon," he said. Louis and I looked at ourselves, wide-eyed. "I don't know what he's saying, I swear" We turned to Griffin as he chuckled. "Mouka tea in March, rings a bell?" 

The last time I came back from the mystic world, I felt a strange energy. When I shut my eyes then opened them again I felt the taste of Mouka tea on my tongue. I thought it was my imagination. 

The mouka plant is one of the herbs that grow in the sacred garden of Yindila, a place where you can find treatments for most illnesses. 

Petals of the mouka flowers are used to make offspring tea, the man adds a few drops of his blood then the woman drinks it, after a few months she'll be pregnant. It is used mostly by barren couples. 

No one has ever used it on a fetus before, it may temper with his DNA. I returned to reality with a blink, "I'll explain later," I turned to Louis.

"Phoenix is my child, right?" Louis swallowed hard as she searched my eyes, I could not form words as I parted my lips.

"If the child is human, he's yours, born Glorindian dominant? Mine" Griffin smirked then turned to me "I'll come back for my child, when he's of age" That sinister grin was the last thing I saw before he disappeared. 

...

I explained to Louis but he didn't look convinced at all. "I don't want that thing in my house, get rid of it" He dropped the bomb. 

My heart skipped a beat "What? He's your-" Louis cut in "Don't say that. Griffin will be back for it, we should do something before he returns" 

My eyebrows furrowed "Did you just refer to Phoenix as it?" I said. He raised his head to the window.

"There must be another way," I exhaled. "Yeah, we can give him, make another one. For peace" Louis shrugged, "Are you listening to yourself?" he dropped to the chair with a long sigh.

"How can we have another when we can't care for the first?" I stared at him, "I understand you're mad for getting involved in mystical problems but Phoenix is innocent" 

Louis pushed his head backward, "Fine, he can stay, I'll provide everything for him, but he shouldn't call me Dad" Louis walked out of the room.

...

When Phoenix was born, Louis kept his promise of providing for his needs and wants but he will ignore the boy anytime he calls him Dad. 

It got worse when Phoenix was four, he would run to his room when Louis returned from work and avoid eye contact when they were in the same room. Family dinner was a disaster, the tension piles up in my head.

I drove Phoenix to school on his first day, he parked for some minutes but he refused to come out. I came down and peeked through the passenger window "What's wrong, baby?" 

He hugged his bag and whispered, "Don't wanna go." I entered the car and closed the door, "nervous? Been there" I giggled. "What if they think I'm weird... or my name is?" he lowered his head.

"No matter how many times you fall, you'll rise like a Phoenix bird. Your name is unique," he laughed as I pinched his cheeks. 

"You're a Walter, I believe in you," I said. Phoenix hugged me tight "Thanks, Mom" He peeked my cheeks then ran off to join his mates.

...

Phoenix told me about his fun day at school, I was happy he was able to fit in. I discovered he had both the physical and social character of Louis. 

No matter how lovely it was watching my son grow up, I can't deny the fact we were getting closer to the time of Griffin's arrival and I need to be prepared. 

I told Louis I would be spending most time in my world to train better and informed Phoenix that Chloe would be filling in for me.

...

NO ONE POV 
Fiona built a training ground, she left the kingdom in the hands of her ambassadors after informing them about a mystical person threatening her family.

It has been months since Fiona started, her friends checked up on her daily. "We want to help you," Fiona paused as her friends approached her. She turned to Raven "He can't know about this place and the mystic people" 

Fiona observed them, "Why the long faces? Don't worry, I can handle him," she gave them a reassuring smile. Fiona worried inwardly about what Griffin had cooked up this time.

Years passed and Fiona kept training, even when she was worn out. She made good progress but they noticed her behavior change.

Her friends looked at themselves knowingly, like they were deciding who to speak first, "Take a break, you trained for five hours" Cyan screamed from the top of the hill.

Fiona growled like an animal then raised her middle finger. Cyan gasped and ran behind Raven, "she needs help!" he shivered. Ash nodded with widened eyes.

"But where should we start from?" Raven sighed, "Zane!" Iceberg said.