I have to go into her head

Natasha pov

"How is this going to work again?" Tony asks as he's not entirely sure... or just doesn't trust Loki. For even after everything he's done for Y/n, he's still not good.

"Y/n is trapped inside her own reality that she wished for, and the more time she spends in there the more convinced she'll become that it's actually real. So me and Wanda are going to combine our powers to send Natasha into Y/n's head. She needs to find Y/n and convince her that it's not real, that she needs to wake up. It could go to shits if she doesn't succeeds"

"Great, no pressure" i say as i lay down in the bed next to Y/n's.

"Oh no, there is a lot of pressure. If you don't succeed, Y/n won't wake up and in a few weeks, maybe even days, her body will start to deteriorate and she will die. For real this time" Loki says, clearly not understanding my sarcasm.

"Exactly, no pressure" Tony says, looking at me with a thinned smile. "I'm starting to regret Y/n's request of you staying in a room and not a cell"

"I don't really care what you think, because right now i'm your only way to get her back" Loki answers, looking up at him.

"Tony, don't" Steve begins but Tony doesn't care before continuing.

"What happened between you two that's made you such a softy" but Loki ignores him now. "I now know what weapon we should have had when you attacked the city, bring in Y/n and he won't hurt a fly"

"I would be careful how you speak to me Stark, she won't care who you are to her when she delivers punishment" but Loki's words makes me think. Something is between them that can't be broken. This can't be as simple as a life debt. There has to be so much more to their story. I mean, they met sixty years ago.

"I think it's best that everyone who doesn't need to be here, leaves" Wanda says, sensing just how this could go.

"Fine, call when you're done" Tony says with a glare before exiting.

"Be careful" Bucky says before he and Steve also walk out. Leaving me with Wanda and Loki, and the sleeping Y/n.

"What will i walk into?" i ask, trying to get this going as quickly as possible.

"I can't know for certain, but there are three possibilities." he stops for a few seconds before continuing. "The first scenario would be a life where she's grown up and her whole family is still alive, second would be a happy ending created in the present.... And the third, the life she would have had if Bucky hadn't 'died' and she hadn't gone after him"

"How would that life look?" Wanda asks as i'm afraid of the answer. This is a part of her life that she's never told me, not that she told me much of anything from her past.

"When touring with Captain Rogers, she met a man named Daniel Bennett" the last name strikes a memory of the first time i heard of her. Armana Bennett, before the wedding. "Before they both got shipped out to different parts of the war, they got married and when Y/n was later captured by Hydra and tortured infront of her brother. They found out that she was pregnant, with her soldier's child"

"What happened to the baby?" Wanda asks even though the question in her face is 'Y/n is a mother?'.

"I don't know, but the third scenario is the most likely"

"And i'm coming to destroy that" it's almost enough for me to not want to do it, to just let her have a happy ending of sorts. Even though it'll lead to her death for me, she would die in peace. Almost.

"Remember, it's not real and that's what you have to make her understand. Because of who you are to her, you might be the only one who can do this" Loki says but his underlying words tell me that he could do that himself as well. Just isn't allowed to do anything without anyone on the team. Whatever bond they have between them, it could easily be enough. And he will do it if i fail, weather i ask it of him or not. "Time will move differently there, so be on your watch and be careful"

"Okay, i'm ready" i lay my head down onto the pillow. I close my eyes and it's instantly filled with a darkness that's darker than black. Like a void but it's not eternal. Like a wall of obsidian smoak.

Y/n pov

"So, what do you think?" i ask with a smile as i hold up the mirror to show her the back of her hair. Perfectly curled, just like Peggy showed me how.

"It's perfect mom, i love it" my oldest daughter Sarah says with a smile of her own, though it's her fathers smile.

"Oh can i come?" my middle daughter, Rebecca, asks as she jumps up into Sarah's lap at the makeup table. "Pretty please?"

"No, i'm not taking my little sister out on my date" Sarah answers like the teenager she is and Rebecca pouts. So to put back her smile, Sarah says in a whispered tone. "But i'll bring home some ice cream, just don't tell mom"

"Yeey, i'm getting ice cream" Rebecca squeals before putting her hands over her mouth as she looks at me. I can't help but laugh as the door opens downstairs.

"Looks like dad's home, what do you think he'll say?" Sarah asks me as she stands up, her yellow dress matching with her sun kissed skin and her blond hair.

"Maybe it's a little too much, i mean is he really worth it?" i say, mocking Daniel's voice and Sarah laughs.

"I heard that" Daniels' voice is heard from downstairs and we laugh even more. Rebecca jumps down from Sarah's lap and starts to run down.

"Be careful, don't run on the stairs darling" i call after her but it's too late. I extend my hand to my oldest as i say. "Come on Sarah, can't be late for your first date."

"I really can't, his father is a Sergeant First Class. If i don't make a good expression his father won't allow it" she says with a worried tone as she takes my hand.

"Good thing your father is a Corporal then, there will be nothing to worry about" we start to walk downstairs where Rebecca has jumped up into her fathers arms. But as we get down he puts down our daughter and takes me in his arms as well.

"And to think that even though we've had oceans between us, a nine to five is still too many hours away" Daniel says with his cheeky grin and a blush spreads upon my face. He pulls me in to kiss me and our daughters makes ew sounds behind us.

"Oh my god, mom dad look" Sarah says and takes out attention to where she's pointing. There is Caspian, our youngest, taking his first steps towards us. Daniel goes up to him and he falls into his hands, picking him up to rest on his hip.

"Look who can walk, better than his sisters ever did"

"Hey" Rebecca says but Sarah just laughs.

"Okay, how happy we all are that Caspian just took his first steps but i really need to go. He's waiting for me" Sarah says and i have to pull my happy gaze from him to her.

"You're right, let's go. I'll make dinner when i get back"

"Wait, where are you going dressed like that and who is waiting for you?" Daniel asks but before Sarah can answer i just pull her with me out the door. "Girls, wait"

"See you in a few minutes" i answer instead before we sit down in the car, laughing before i start to drive.