Unknown visitor

Y/n pov

"Y/n?" a female voice asks behind me, making me jump with a hand placed over my heart. "Oh, i'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you"

"No, that's' okay" i turn around from the flowers and as o meet her gaze with a smile something flashes before my eyes.

..., something i will pay for. But as i do i meet a pair of emerald eyes in the crowd, a pair who shows me empathy and not just pity.

"I'm sorry, what can i help you with?" i ask as i catch myself staring. But there is something about her that i know. Something from a different life.

"I know you don't remember me, but my name is Natasha... thought you got to know me as Natalia." she says and her voice is calm but filled with worry. "In 1999 you were in Russia, that's where we met"

"Oh heavens girl, 1999 hasn't happened yet. Are you alright?" i say with a little laugh. But that flash was real, i could feel it.

"But it has happened, over twenty years ago. This isn't real, you live with me and our team in New York in 2015" her words don't make sense but i stay still. She puts her hand on my shoulder, that's why i don't move. But the feeling of her hand is familiar and more flashes fall over my eyes as i look into her enchanting emerald eyes.

... pressing my hungry lips against hers... all that anger turning into passion as i push her up against the wall... trancing kisses down her neck, leaving a few love marks along the way... she takes my face in her hands to meet her again, kissing her soft lips in a mixture of honey and strawberry... wrapping her legs around my waist, still pressed against the wall. I hear her heart pounding as our mouths do that all familiar dance of theirs... invading every sense i've both been born with and given under my long lifetime... her hands are warm as i curl my own around hers before they start to travel up her short but lovely dress... falling with her back into the soft bed, not breaking apart...

"Who are you? I mean really, i almost feel like i know you" even though those flashes revealed a lot more than just knowing. And the feeling of it all, causing my senses to overheat.

"Mom, uncle Bucky is here" Rebecca calls out from the open kitchen window. I turn to see her and Daniel standing there, looking at us.

"I'll be right there" i answer all flustered.

"Please Y/n, you have to listen to me. We have you get out of here, get back to our lives" she intertwines her hands with mine as those words come out of her mouth. I'm just about to give in to this enchanting stranger when someone calls my name again.

"Mom, hurry up, i'm hungry" this time it's Sarah, pulling me back to reality.

"We're having fish and chips for dinner, it's not that particularly fancy but it's my brother's favourite. Why don't you join us and we can talk after?" i don't even know why i suggest it. She's a stranger... right?

"Y/n..." she hesitates before putting a smile on her strawberry lips. "Sure, i would be delighted to"

"Great, come on in" and i'm forced to let go of her hands as we head back inside the house. "I've invited a friend of mine. Family, meet Natalia"

"Hi" she says with a small wave to my family in front of her.

"This is my brother James and his wife Hanna, their two kids Anna and Arthur" i point to my brother and his pregnant wife, who's also one of my best friends, plus their two kids playing with my own daughter. "Then we have my oldest Sarah, then Rebecca. And my youngest Caspian"

"I'm Daniel, her husband" Daniel puts himself next to me with a hand on my shoulder.

Natasha pov

It makes me want to cry, to see her this happy. Knowing that she could never have this kind of life with me. Also knowing that her oldest, Sarah, could actually still be out there alive in the real world. Maybe have kids and grandkids of her own. Maybe not even knowing who her real parents are. We're seated and i'm next to Y/n, wanting so much to touch her hand under the table.

"So, how come i've never heard about you before?" Bucky's wife, Hanna asks. And i'm so telling this to him when we get out.

"Oh, it's a new friendship" she answers with a smile and i get the thought of just excusing myself and leaving. But if i leave, Loki will come in and bring her back instead, so i don't get to give her this happy ending. Because it's not real i have to remind myself as Y/n shoots away her loving smile towards Daniel.

"Well, a friend of my sister is a friend of mine" Bucky says with a charming smile and it feels weird to not see the pain and darkness lingering in his eyes. Here they're clear, just as hers. No more horrors than what the war brought along. "And i think Steve and Peggy will think the same, when are they arriving?"

"Right, they're not coming. Victoria, their youngest, got sick before they could leave" Y/n answers, also explain who Victoria is to me.

"Unfortunate, i guess we'll see them next Sunday instead at our place" Hanna says with a warm smile. "I'm making lasagna"

"Sounds good but don't push away my wife's food just yet Barnes, it's your turn next week" Daniel says with a laugh and they all laugh with him. Except for me and Y/n, who just glances towards each other. In her eyes i can see those flashes of memories, not just of me, but of what really has happened. And the more time i spend with her, the more will come back and soon the bubble around her will break. It won't even take long, but it all depends on if she'll believe in those flashes. It did get me invited into her house, so on some level she does believe in them. Believe in those flashes where she knows me, making her trust someone she just met. And in one of those flashes i can see the exact reason for why i'm breaking her bubble. It reminds me that i'm doing this for both of us, and it's not a selfish decision.

"Okay fine, i'll marry you if you turn me"

"You'll marry me before i turn you"

"Then let's get married"

"Not until you've gotten to experience a little more of life"

"I've already got 30 years of that"

"And I only got 27. Plus if i'm gonna marry you i'm gonna do it properly"