Part 12 : Mad or hurt?

Y/n's POV

"Good morning ma'am"
Siya greeted as I reached hospital.

"Morning!"
I smiled at her.

Thankfully, Jennie came early morning today, and I'm happy she is with him... At least he will not feel alone.

"Ma'am, Mr. Park has called you."
Her face carried fear. And it was enough to tell me that I'm being called to get a scolding.

I nodded at her and left some report and files on her desk. And made my way to Mr. Park's cabin.

After a knock, and hearing 'Come in'from other side, I entered in the room.

He was totally focused on checking a file, with a suiting glasses frames sitting on his nose. I made my way to him, preparing myself for scolding.

"Please sit"
He said and I sat on the chair across him.

"After giving a brilliant speech..." He started opening his glasses keeping it on table and keeping his both hands on the table. And I felt like giving the most difficult interview.
To be honest, I was nervous.

"...That how much holidays are important... You took holiday the very next day. Will you tell me Mrs. Kim, what had actually happened yesterday?"

"I'm sorry---"

"Come to point, why were you absent yesterday?"

"My husband was not feeling well and he was having a high fever. I had to stay with him."
I felt vibration at my thigh. Someone maybe calling me, that's good phone was silent.

"Is that a excuse, Mrs. Kim?"

"I'm not lying, Mr. Park"

"Very well then, what about your patient's health?"

"None of my patients are too critical. And indirectly, yesterday My husband was my patient who was not feeling well."

"We care about the patients of this hospital, not your personal ones."

"But I do, he is my husband and it's my duty to take care of him when he is not at his best... You'll understand it when you will be married."

He clenched his jaw and I guess that I crossed the limit...
"I'm sorry---"

"I will never marry now, you were the one whom I loved and then there will be no one else if its not you."
My eyes widened and I just looked at my lap not knowing what to say to him now...

The silence was getting awkward and I decided to break it.
"I guess I'll work from home for these 4 days, I have to take care of my husband."

He sighed.
"I'll check all my patients at weekend."
I ended.

"No doubt, you have fallen for him..."
He said and chuckled filled with sadness.

"I don't know if ever I will be move on from you... I'll try."
He said flashing a force smile at last. He is not that bad as Jisoo unnie used to say.

"Well, you can work from home and, a new task for you along with your work, you have to make the presentation of this hospital by this weekend. Explaining all qualities and features of this hospital, doctors and their qualities and all..."
He said forwarding the thick pairs of files, of information regarding this hospital.

"As you say, Mr. park"

"Its not an easy task."

"I'll do it."
I said with confidence and took the files which was really heavy.

"Thank you Mr. Park"
I said and made my exit, towards the door.

As I reached to my secretary's table, I saw her talking on call and as she saw me, she shouted...