Chapter 22

•Polina•

I'm falling for both of them and I've never been more terrified in my life. I crave their presence, even the mere sight of them has quickly become a comfort. Ever since the three of us showered together I've slept in Enzo's bed between him and Luca, a place I never expected to find myself loving. They'd been busy, only coming here to sleep after I was already in bed and leaving before I awoke. I missed them.

I have connected so much with Luca, he was always open to answer any questions I have about him but Enzo has always been closed off. My tongue ached from all the questions it held back when talking to him. I couldn't believe he'd actually answered a few of them. My heart constricted as I conjured an image of a younger version of him witnessing a murder. Watching his father kill his Uncle, the same man he had been named after. I barely handle death as an adult, I couldn't imagine how it would've affected me as a child. I could tell it still bothered him, whatever transpired that day stuck with him and bled into his everyday life.

I wanted to hold him, comfort him, heal any lingering wounds he had with care. It was then that I knew his father was his dragon, the person that forced him to morph into the man he is today. The reason behind the nickname Riot. Unfortunately in our world that seems to be a common occurrence. If my father hadn't been the eldest of his family he probably would've done the same thing Rafael Senior did. These men are cutthroat and selfish, it was an awful thing to deal with on a daily basis.

I wasn't sure how long I slept on Enzo but I was grumpy and sore when he tried to ease my body off of him.

He had chuckled lightly. "As much as I don't want to move you I have to get dressed, I'll be back for dinner."

I grunted, peeling my eyes open to glance around the room. I found Luca sprawled out under the covers beside me and crawled on top of him. He groaned, eyes cracking open to see what was going on. When he saw me he locked his arms around my body with a content sigh and quickly fell back asleep. I vaguely remembered Enzo getting dressed and giving a kiss to both Luca and I before leaving the room. Luca and I slept for a bit longer, it was nice waking up to his warm hazel eyes after so many mornings of waking up alone. I felt safe in his arms. He sat up, cradling as he rose to his feet and carried me to the ensuite where he turned the shower on.

Now I find myself lost in my head, my face resting against Luca's chest with his arms wrapped around my body as the water showers down on us from both showerheads.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I question just how long I'd been buried in my thoughts.

I look up at him, resting my chin on his chest as I study his handsome face. His brown curls are dark and dripping water, his eyes soft and a smile plays on the corner of his lips. My heart thumps a fast beat against my ribs, the rapid flapping of a hummingbird's wings zooming around in my stomach making me feel lightheaded

"I'm fine, just sore." I assure him.

Taking them back to back, being stretched open by their punishing strokes, it had left a sore ache in my core. I didn't mind it though, it was just a reminder of how good they made me feel, how amazing it felt to take them.

He cups my face, leaning down to brush a kiss across my lips and I sigh into his mouth. How am I supposed to leave them now? How am I supposed to escape and never see them again? Even the thought makes my heart ache painfully. I don't know how I'll ever do it, I've become so attached.

His brow dips in concern as he pulls away to study my face. "You should've told me, I would've filled the tub for you instead."

I give him a small smile, soaking in the feel of him worrying about me. "It's okay, I don't mind." I reply truthfully. He grins. It's devilish and smug and I can't help but laugh. "Don't look so smug. You and Enzo will have to take your sexual needs out on each other for the day."