Chapter 35

•Luca•

"Are you fucking kidding me, Lorenzo." I snap as soon as the door shuts behind Polina. I grab him by his shirt, bringing my face so close to his that our noses touch. "If you don't stop there'll be no getting her back."

The hurt on her face killed me every time she looked at me. We knew this would happen but I don't think either of us was prepared for how helpless it would make us feel. Enzo thrives when he's in control, he prefers it, so I know this is difficult for him but unfortunately we're the ones that caused it and we have to deal with those consequences. Even if they are losing Polina forever.

I know he's struggling with having her so close but still so far away. He's usually a very patient man but when it comes to her every bit of control flies out the window it seems. I like that she frees him, between her and I it seems like we could balance him out if we could make it to a stable place. One where we aren't keeping her captive, where we're free to just be ourselves and aren't worried about her safety. Although I doubt we'll ever stop worrying about her safety especially with the deal she made with Nikolay making her Pahkan.

His jaw clenches, his breath brushing my mouth as he responds, "She knew what she was doing. She wanted my reaction and I let her have it. She only got mad at herself for wanting it."

"I don't care. She's hurt, what we did hurt her and you knew it would. You always plan ahead. Always. So why are you making things worse?"

He pries my grip from his shirt, the previously pristine fabric now wrinkled as he takes a step back, lips pursed. "I don't know how to get her to forgive us. I want to force her, lock her in my house until she falls in love with us all over again but I know that would break her."

"Did you not see her face before she left this room?" I question incredulously. "She meant it when she said she wants us to grovel."

"I don't grovel."

"Then you better learn because I want her forgiveness, I want what we had. If you can't then we'll both be miserable for the rest of our lives." I admit and he refuses to meet my eyes, knowing I'm right. I heave a sigh, glancing down at my boot clad feet, shoulders slumping in defeat over his stubbornness. We have other things we need to focus on right now, he'll eventually realize we aren't going to get anywhere until we do what Polina needs us to. I just hope it's not too late by then. "We need to get back downstairs and make sure everything is prepared properly. If something happens to her I don't know what I'll do."

Enzo grips my face, forcing my eyes to meet his and I get lost in the amber depths. "Everything's going to be fine. She won't stay mad at us forever, I'll make sure of it. I'll fix it okay?" His gaze is softer, vulnerable, a small part of him he rarely shows and I feel myself giving in to his words.

"Okay." I whisper and he presses a kiss against my lips.

I can't help but sigh into his mouth, the taste of his tongue on mine overriding all of my other senses until the rest of the world is gone and it's just the two of us.

Lorenzo DeLuca owns me. He's owned me since we were fumbling teens who were too overwhelmed with an intense attraction to one another to keep our hands to ourselves and he knows it. He's known it our whole lives. And I know him, if he says he'll fix it, he will.

He presses one last kiss against my lips before pulling back and giving me a grin, his eyes glimmering with a mixture of excitement and lust. Merda, this man. I don't know how I'm still sane. "We'll fix the situation with Polina after we've taken care of Mikhail and Valentina. After the torture I plan to put them through I should be a little more clear headed."