Considered

Claire's pov

I rolled my eyes and huffed, "Yeah, I literally just told you that," I said in a snippy tone, as I turned to leave. I'm hoping my flippant response will throw him off.

Grabbing me by the wrist, he snapped, "Don't attempt to walk away from me when I'm speaking to you. Capiscimi (Understand me)?"

"Si, Zio, yo capisco (Yes, Uncle, I understand)." Time to change gears. This conversation is quickly going askew. The train is barreling off the tracks, heading straight for a derailment in spankingtown, annihilating all the little villagers.

"Good," he said, pulling out his phone. "So you won't mind then if I call Chris to confirm your answer?"

I swallowed hard, watching him press the screen a couple times before holding it up to his ear.

"Okay wait," I interjected. "Just hang up and I'll tell you what happened." I sighed heavily and slumped my shoulders forward as I resigned myself to come clean.

My uncle pocketed his phone and gave me his full attention. He nodded, indicating I should proceed.

"Okay, Sergio spanked Alex but it had nothing to do with me and I swear I didn't even do anything wrong so..."

My uncle cut me off, asking, "And what did I tell you would happen if the four of you gave Sergio or Chris any trouble?"

"No, Uncle EJ. I didn't do anything. That's not fair," I whined, covering my bottom with both hands as I slowly began backing away.

"Just answer the question, mia nipote (my niece)." My uncle spoke sternly as he stepped closer to me.

"You said I would get a spanking when I got home, but I didn't do anything wrong, Uncle EJ. You can't spank me for no reason. I behaved. I swear I was good." I'm starting to get worried now that he's actually going to punish me.

"You don't get to decide when, how, or why you get punished, piccola ragazza (little girl). Capiscimi (Understand me)?"

"Dad let me decide my punishment before," I mumbled softly, as I looked down at my feet.

My uncle looked like he was about to protest but instead he just shook his head, rubbed the back of his neck, and scoffed.

"Fine, you want a choice? I'll give you a choice." He grinned wickedly, as he slowly met my gaze. "I can bend you over my knee and spank the snot out of you, or..." he paused for dramatic effect. "I can bend you over the arm of the sofa and spank the crap out of you. Which would you prefer, mia nipote (my niece)?" He flashed me his terrifying grin again. "It is your choice, afterall."

"What kind of choice is that? Come on, Uncle EJ, you can't be serious. Please tell me you're joking." I looked at him pleadingly, batting my eyes and sticking my bottom lip out. It seems to work for all the bimbos he parades in and out of his bedroom, maybe it'll work for me too.

"Give me one good reason why I should go back on my word and not spank you, mia nipote."

Oh my gosh, I thought excitedly. It's working. He's giving me a chance. Now what can I say to persuade him? Hmmm, think Claire, think.

"I'm waiting," he exclaimed, impatiently drumming his fingers on his crossed arms.

"Um, because spanking me will give you more pronounced frown lines and wrinkles, damaging your pretty boy good looks, making you appear much older than you actually are. Women notice that kind of thing, you know." Ick, I think I threw up a little in my mouth, spewing such toxic, vile nonsense. I certainly hope it was worth it.

My uncle laughed.

"Well played, piccola ragazza (little girl). I'm impressed. There may still be hope for you yet to follow in my footsteps to become a lawyer."