Feasted

Claire's pov

My aunt came waddling back into the dining room as I tried to slow my rapidly beating heart. Thank God she's back I thought, and none too soon. Being alone with Uncle Luciano makes me really tense for some reason. He just gives off a scary-ass vibe. Ya know?

"Well, it's all set for this afternoon," she declared, beaming as she stood behind her husband's chair, her hands resting atop his shoulders. "Cook's preparing us a delicious feast as we speak. Did the two of you decide on which park we should go to?" she asked happily, as she looked in my direction and gently massaged the back of her husband's neck.

"Mmmhmm," I nodded, waiting for Uncle Luciano to give her the deets since I had no idea where we were going.

Reaching back to pat his wife's hand without taking his eyes off me, he answered, "Sì, tesoro, io e Claire abbiamo deciso per un posto meraviglioso (Yes, darling, Claire and I decided on a wonderful spot). It's a bit of a drive but well worth it, I assure you." He looked back at my aunt lovingly as he kissed the back of her hand.

The bit of a drive part was conveniently left out of our discussion, I thought disgustedly. I love spending time with my aunt, but her new husband, not so much.

"Sounds wonderful, honey," my aunt replied, leaning down to give her hubby a quick kiss. Turning her attention to me, she asked, "Doesn't it, Claire?"

Not wanting to crush her good spirits, I plastered on a fake smile and nodded in agreement, mumbling, "Mmmhmm."

"The two of you better get ready to go then," Luciano suggested. Pushing his chair back slightly, he swiftly pulled my aunt down to sit atop his lap. "We have a long drive ahead of us and we can't picnic in the dark. Now can we?" He tickled my aunt's side, delighting in hearing her little giggle in response.

"Barf." I apparently made the mistake of mumbling my objection to their PDA outloud.

"What was that, mia nipote (my niece)?" Uncle Luciano asked, never taking his lecherous eyes off my aunt's now ample breasts.

So gross I thought, to myself this time, knowing Luciano won't hesitate to reprimand me if I speak out of turn, or inappropriately.

"Can't wait," I said, lying through my teeth. The things I do for this family, I swear. I shook my head in disbelief.

"Get upstairs to your room and start getting ready," my new uncle ordered. "We're leaving in forty-five minutes. Not a minute later," he stated sternly, keeping his eyes on my aunt as he ran his hand up her bare thigh, sliding it slowly beneath the hem of her skirt, I heard my aunt gasp.

Welp, that's most definitely my cue to leave. I quickly stood up, pushing my chair back forcefully, ignoring my dirty dishes left behind as I bolted for the stairs.

"Was it something I said?" I heard Luciano ask facetiously, my aunt giggling in response, before I made it out of earshot. Ewww, so gross I thought to myself, trying desperately to keep down my forced upon breakfast as my stomach churned in disgust.

Forty minutes later, the four of us were piled into the SUV ready to go. Me, my aunt, my new uncle, and a giant picnic basket, not to mention the large assortment of blankets as well, since my aunt just couldn't decide which ones she wanted, she pretty much brought them all. Before getting in the car, my new uncle pulled me aside and not so gently warned me about my attitude, so I decided to put my earbuds in, crank up some music on my phone, and keep my mouth shut for the long drive.

I don't think my aunt or uncle even noticed as they only have eyes for each other right now. I seriously hope they don't slobber all over each other and talk all mushy the whole time we're at the park. I get it alright, you like each other. I mean, it's kinda obvious by the state of my aunt's large round belly just how much you like each other. You don't have to advertise it as well, by pawing each other up and playing kissy face.