Chapter 43: Relief

You stood frozen, staring at Jisoo.

What reason would Jin have to lie to his little sister?

Where could he be going that he kept it a secret?

You closed your eyes, trying to think think of where he would have gone.

Suddenly, a thought popped into your head, and you lifted your eyes to Jisoo again.

"Unnie... he didn't go home last night, did he?"

She shook her head slowly. "How did you know?"

You made a fist on the table, poking your tongue on the inside of your cheek. Of course... where else would he be?

Pulling out your phone, you finally noticed all the girl's eyes on you. "Oh, you guys can go. But I need Jisoo unnie here..."

They bowed towards you and left immediately. Once they were gone, you dialed Jin's number.

Ring...

Ring...

Ring...

"Hi, this is Seokjin. Unfortunately, I'm busy and can't talk but I'll call you back later! Thanks!"

Straight to voicemail.

You cursed, running your hands through your hair. "Dammit! Why can't he just pick up the freaking phone!"

Jisoo held up her hand. "Wait, maybe he'll pick up if it's me..."

She put the phone on speaker and let it ring.

And, sure enough, on the third ring, he picked the phone up.

You rolled your eyes and muttered under you breath, but intently listened to what he was saying.

"Oh, uh, hi Soya... how... are you?"

He sounded nervous. You could tell straight away.

"What do you mean, 'how am I?' Where are you, for goodness sake, and why didn't you come home last night?! I was worried sick!" Jisoo practically yelled into the speaker.

You motioned her to calm down. You needed to get him to speak.

Though, at this point, you were pretty sure you already knew where he was.

"Yah, yah! Calm down you psycho! There's no need to be worried, I'm fine. I was just... hanging out with the boys last night, you know?"

Bingo.

He was telling rhe truth, but not the whole truth. You guestered her to keep talking, mouthing that you wanted her to ask about who was actually there.

You knew she was smart enough to come up with a random story on the spot. And of course, she delivered.

"Oh? You were hanging out with Bangtan, you mean?"

"Yes, yes, that's right, Ba-"

"Yeah, right! You know full well that Bangtan were having a sleepover at Y/N's and Tae's last night. And you weren't there! She called me in the morning to ask why you weren't there!" She softened her tone a bit. "Please tell me the truth, oppa."

You heard a sigh over the phone. Jin was about to break.

"Fine... I was with Yoongi."

Short and sweet.

And just what you wanted to hear.

Jisoo looked at you in confusion, still wondering if he was telling the truth. You nodded at her, guestering her to continue.