Chapter 70: Truth Hurts

It had only been a few hours after you had just explained everything to Yoongi.

And now you would have to do it again.

But this time would be different. This time, you would be risking a lot. Risking your twin.

"Taehyung..." You weren't sure how to begin- whether to begin. So you tried to stall. "I- I think you should just rest for now, Tae. I'll tell you tomorrow." You tried to lay him down on your bed, but he grabbed your arm with an iron grip.

"No." He gritted his teeth - you could see he was in pain. "You tell me. Now."

You sighed heavily. "I- I can't. Not now- it'd be too much, Tae. We should sleep, I'll tell you to-"

"FOR GOODNESS SAKE Y/N! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME FOR ONCE!!" He yelled, tears streaming out of his eyes. He tore at his hair in frustration, blood-shot eyes piercing through you. 

You flinched when he suddenly raised his voice, looking around the room nervously. "Please- please keep it down, Tae. If Jungkook-"

"I don't give a damn about Jungkook right now, Y/N. If he's not awake already he won't wake up no matter what I do. What's important right now is that you listen to me, just once, because you never have, and you probably never will. You're so caught up in your boundless 'secrets' you never take time for me, you don't care about me, you don't-"

You knew he was angry. You knew he was hurt. But he was getting it all wrong. There was no way he just told you you don't care about him.

"FOR CRYING OUT LOUD TAEHYUNG, EVERYTHING I DO IS FOR YOU!!"

"OH YEAH? WELL HOW COME I DON'T KNOW ABOUT 'EVERYTHING' YOU'VE DONE FOR ME?!"

"BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING TAEHYUNG! YOU-"

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHEN YOU DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING?!"

You were about to retort, but you stopped. 

He was right.

He didn't know you spent endless hours, endless days, endless nights trying to find the person responsible for not only his amnesia, but also Hyerin's death. He didn't know that you were doing all of these things for him. He didn't know anything.

You both stared at each other for a few moments, and heavy breathing filled the room. You were both a mess: red, wet, puffy cheeks and blood-shot eyes. 

"You say it all the time- you say you care for me, you say you love me but how am I supposed to know it's true?" he finished, voice wavering slightly.

You heart broke, and your voice cracked. "You- you really don't think I love you?"

For the first time, he looked away, gulping. "You've... changed Y/N. I don't know why, or when, but... we're not the same as we always have been." He paused, sighing. "We can't be like that again unless you tell me the truth. Because I know that things were different after I was diagnosed with amnesia. You said I didn't miss out on things, but if I truly didn't, you wouldn't be acting like this."

You had pretended, for the past couple of years, that your mafia business wasn't effecting your relationship with your twin. You were ignoring the truth, putting it behind you, trying to trick yourself into thinking you weren't hurting him. 

Because you knew you were, the entire time. You had tried to justify it, to convince yourself that taking revenge would heal both yourself, and him, in a way. 

But deep down you knew it would all be in vain, and the both of you would find yourself facing something neither of you wanted to.

The truth.