Chapter 80: Moving on..?

You stepped forward to follow him, but Yoongi stopped you. "Y/N, just let him go. He's just a bit overwhelmed at the moment. It's better to let him think about it for a bit."

You sighed, nodding slowly. 

An awkward silence filled the room. 

"Well, that would explain why Blackrose was at our school," Jungkook suddenly blurted out. 

It was so random that you almost laughed out loud at the release of tension in the room. 

But the statement was met with a dull reaction, Jimin smiling emotionlessly. "Yeah, she had to sit through us all simping over her, too."

That elicited a smiled from you.

But then there was silence again. 

"So..." Hoseok began uncertainly. "Do we still call you and Taehyung 'Kims'... or..."

You paused, glancing briefly at Taehyung who was already looking at you. 

Then, you answered his question. "Well, we're legally known as 'Kims' now, anyway. Besides, after I'm finished running a few little errands, I'm planning on leaving the mafia business behind. I don't want to be known as a 'Lim'. I don't want to live that life anymore. I never have. I just want to be with you guys."

Namjoon squeezed your shoulders from behind. "So, it's decided then. We're moving on." He then stepped in front of you, placing his hand over his chest. "I, Kim Namjoon, forgive Kim Y/N, for everything she has ever done. The end," he stated dramatically.

Forgive. He forgives me.

You eyes began to water as you stared into his warm, brown eyes. 

Then, Jungkook stood up, standing beside his hyung, facing you. "I, Jeon Jungkook, also forgive Kim Y/N, for... protecting us," he said, steady eyes meeting yours.

A tear fell down your cheek, and you hastily wiped it away.

Jimin then stood up, following the others. "I, Park Jimin, forgive Kim Y/N, for not telling us about being a famous mafia boss," he said.

Finally, Hoseok stood up, smiling widely now, placing his hand over his heart. "I, Jung Hoseok, also forgive you... Kim Y/N. Consider yourself officially forgiven."

You couldn't hold it back anymore. 

You burst into tears, burying your face in your hands as you cried helplessly before them. You felt a hand on your back, and a whisper in your ear. "I also forgive you, Bambi. You've done well. I love you," said Taehyung quietly.

You stood up, still crying, and opened your arms wide, beckoning for something you needed so badly right now.

A hug.

Soon you found yourself in a tangle of arms, a warm embrace that made you feel like the luckiest person in the whole world.

You didn't deserve forgiveness. You knew you didn't. If you were in their position, you don't know if you could forgive what you'd done.

But you were part of a family of the most loving, caring and kind people in the world. 

And you were so, so grateful for the fact. Because you wouldn't have been able to do this without them.

On the bed, Yoongi was smiling widely as he watched the exchange take place. He was beyond happy for you.

But outside the door, there was someone who was not happy. 

You didn't know Jin was leaning on the door, listening to the boys forgive you.

You didn't know there were tears falling down his cheeks as he fought the raging war inside him.

You didn't know that he couldn't bring himself to step inside and do the same... not just yet.

Because everything that had just happened? It was too much. He couldn't come to terms with the overload of information, not just yet. 

For some unknown reason, he couldn't just move on.

So he stood alone, suffering, for a moment more, before he walked away from the room, heading towards the elevator. 

Jin knew unforgiveness was a dangerous thing, and that it only harboured negative emotions that would eventually destroy him.

He would forgive eventually, he knew that.

But right now, he needed space..

It was late in the afternoon now, and things seemed to have cooled down

It was late in the afternoon now, and things seemed to have cooled down. Everyone had gone home already, and only you, Yoongi, Taehyung and Jungkook remained in the room.

This was your chance to tell Jungkook about his father. 

And, if you were being honest with yourself, you weren't sure if you wanted to tell him about the fact that his father was a mafia. Maybe it would just be better if you told him you knew where he was.

But, since he believed his father had died, you knew you'd have to come up with another excuse as to why he's somehow alive. 

You sighed, then just decided to say it. "Jungkook?"

He turned towards you.

"Your real father... he's alive," you said quietly. 

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, eyeing you suspciously.

"What... what do you mean? He died years ago, I told you this."

You shook your head. "I know you thought he died, but he didn't. I know where he is. Sehun... told me."

His eyebrows shot up at that. "Sehun? What does he have to do with my father?"

You sighed. "He's your cousin, Jungkook, and your father is his uncle."

Jungkook didn't react for a moment, then shook his head, chuckling sadly, in disbelief. "No- he's not my cousin. My father doesn't have any siblings-"

"Your father was Jeon Hyungmin, right?" You interrupted. Yoongi's head shot up.

Jungkook slowly looked up at you. "How do you-"

"Because it's true. You're related, whether you like it or not." You paused. "But it means nothing to me. None of this is your fault, if that's what you're thinking."

Jungkook said nothing for a few moments, trying to come to terms with the new information.

"If that's true... you said you found him. Where is he?" He asked.

"He's in the hospital. He has cancer, Jungkook, and I'm not sure how long it'll be..." you said softly, not wanting to crush him after getting his hopes up. "I just thought you'd like to see him one more time..."

Jungkook was quiet, but he nodded slightly. "Yes... yes I would. Thankyou."

"Well then, let's go," you said simply.

And after saying your goodbyes to Yoongi and Taehyung (who wanted to stay a little longer with his hyung), you and Jungkook left the hospital.