Chapter 68: It's Over

Yoongi watched you with sympathetic eyes.

"You'd think that someone who's parents had died would struggle to recover from it, right?" You asked, rhetorically. "Well, that wasn't the case for us. Maybe it was because we were young, maybe it was because we hadn't really had a relationship, but Taehyung and I kind of just... moved on, I guess. It was almost as if their death was a meaningless blip in the system." 

But that wasn't entirely true. It had still stung, for a little while. But you and Taehyung had just continued on with your lives. 

"We continued with training, because, since their death, Taehyung had been officially named the heir, and would become the gang leader the moment he turned eighteen. Well, he was supposed to be, anyway. It didn't happen. Because only a month later, after our ninth birthday, the accident happened."

Yoongi's expression immediately changed, a sadness coming to his eyes. He knew exactly what you were talking about. The accident when Taehyung lost his memories.

"When Taehyung was diagnosed with amnesia, it was an awakening moment for me. It wasn't my parents death that woke me up, it was the accident. I had always thought, my parents being the Shadowscar, Taehyung and I were practically invincible. Afterall, who would dare mess with their children? Looking back, I suppose that if Shadowscar were dead, there was no one stopping people from going after us."

Yoongi's eyes darkened. "Are you suggesting that.... the 'accident' wasn't actually and accident?"

You nodded solemnly. "Absolutely. In the mafia world, there's no such thing as an accident, or even a coincidence. Everything is planned, by someone, somewhere. And if word had gotten out about Taehyung inheriting the business, he'd be the perfect target. They were successful, too, in their own way."

"Then who was it?" Yoongi asked. 

"Well, we didn't know. Not for a long time. Not only did Hyerin take us far 'away' from the mafia world once Taehyung had recovered, but she also changed our identities. She didn't take one look back on the mafia legacy we'd left behind.... it was too dangerous. Especially if whoever planned the accident found out Taehyung had survived. So, she made the doctors report that both of the kids had been killed, and then changed our names, taking us as far away as possible. We, from then on, became Kims.

"After Taehyung had been diagnosed, the doctors had told both Hyerin and I to not trigger any of Taehyung's memories - meaning everything associated with the mafia world, or our previous life, had to be avoided. So, the next few years, Hyerin, me and Taehyung just lived as a normal family. We 'moved on.'"

The ghost of a smile lined your features as you continued. "However, I knew Hyerin hadn't let go. She hadn't moved on, not even close to it. Neither had I. So, without her knowing, I managed to contact my uncle, who had taken over the Lim empire, to let me back in. Not in the gang, specifically, but to at least keep me training. That was how I manage to become... well, Blackrose, I suppose. Oh, and how I figured out who had tried to kill us all."

"Who was it, then?" Yoongi asked again, beginning to get impatient.

"You'd never guess. Turns out the Jeons weren't dead afterall."

His eyes widened. "Wow... this is almost like a horror film..."

You giggled. "Yeah, kinda." Your eyes darkened again. "And, as I recently found out from our dear friend Sehun, they still aren't. Well, Jeon Hyungmin, at least. I don't know if the wife is still alive or not, or where she is." Seeing his puzzled face, you elaborated. "Sehun's parents. He said his dad's about to die from cancer. And, for the rest of my revenge, that happens to fall on the old man with cancer, I'm not going to put him out of his misery. It'll be worse for him that way."

Yoongi nodded. "So that's it, huh? You- and Taehyung- are actually the children of Korea's biggest mafia bosses, got trained to be the heirs, got in an accident that caused Taehyung to effectively be taken out of the picture, then your parent's biggest rivals actually turned out to be alive and had caused Taehyung's amnesia, so you, secretly, became the country's new mafia boss. What an origin story."

You squinted, pursing your lips. "Kind of? But there's more. To top it all off, after our seventeenth birthday, and, coincidentally, right after we moved out on our own, Hyerin was killed. By the Jeons."

Yoongi's eyes widened. It was clear to you he was not expecting that. "What..."

You nodded, trying to hide the pain in your eyes. "Yeah. Turns out she was more in touch with the mafia world all along. She knew I was still training in secret, she knew I was Blackrose- she knew everything. Too much. And the Jeons, and Sehun, had managed to find her. So she shoved us out, telling me continuously that I needed to keep Taehyung safe. I was too naïve to pick up on the fact that she was in danger. So we left. And I regret it to this day. I still wish I could have saved her." You sighed, looking down. 

"It's not your fault, though, Y/N. You know that, right?" Yoongi said softly. You looked up, and he continued. "Realistically, you wouldn't have been able to keep both Hyerin and Taehyung safe, not without Taehyung finding out the truth and possibly suffering complications with the amnesia. And she wanted you to protect Taehyung, and deep down, I know you would have agreed with her on that. He is your twin, afterall."

You stayed silent, knowing he was right. You couldn't have protected both of them. Nevertheless, you still wished that, somehow, there was a way you could have saved her - afterall, she was the only mother figure you had ever had, and she was all you ever would have.

Yoongi's voice penetrated your thoughts again. "And now you've completed your revenge. You've caught Sehun, and now you can do whatever you want with him. You know his dad's already dying.... so what more do you have to do? You've avenged Hyerin, Taehyung... you've done it."

Again. He was right. You'd done it. You'd finally done everything you had aimed to for nearly nine years. You could stop the violence. You could get out. And Bangtan would be safe. 

It was finally... over. 

[A/N]

I AM SO SORRY THIS WAS SO LATE OH MY GOLLY GOODNESS A THOUSAND APOLOGIES I'M SORRY I'VE LET YOU ALL DOWN!!!!

butihopeyouenjoy.... :(

I will try to update more.... but I can't promise anything, y'all would know by now how unreliable I am :(

Anyways.... thankyou for your patience..... I really am trying.