Chapter 69: A Deer in Headlights

"Anyway, it's not Dahyun's fault.... she had to in fear of her own life- and, frankly, even if I wasnt tied up, I would have let her do it, just so he wouldn't hurt her," Yoongi explained, after telling you about what happened after he'd been kidnapped.

You had found out that Sehun had threatened her with both her own and her parent's lives so she would beat, and eventually kill, Yoongi herself. He hadn't beaten her physically, but Yoongi said he didn't know if he'd done... anything else to her. You would find that out yourself and punish him accordingly.

After a few hours of talking with Yoongi and assuring yourself he wasn't holding any grudges against you, you finally left his hospital room, leaving him to rest for the night. 

You checked your watch. 8:41pm.

Immediately, your mind went to Taehyung. He would be at home, with Jungkook, wondering what was taking you so long. He would be confused, and probably hurt, once more. 

You hoped this was the last time. You hoped that soon you would be able to find the time, and the place, to tell him the truth. Along with the rest of the boys, of course. 

And you knew it would have to be soon. Very soon. Because tomorrow, when Bangtan came to see Yoongi, you wouldn't be able to lie about it further. 

Or....

No, Y/N. Don't even think about it. You have to bring them to see Yoongi tomorrow, no matter what.

Or... you could be selfish. You could just... not tell them you'd found Yoongi, and give yourself one extra day to deal with Sehun once and for all, then bring them to see him later. That would also give Yoongi another day of rest before they were all over him.

The more you thought about it, the more it sounded like a good idea. But, as always, the guilt was eating you up from the inside. 

But one day was just.... too long.

So you decided to compromise with yourself. You'd tell the boys in the afternoon, and bring them to see Yoongi afterward. 

There was only one problem, something you didn't want to have to deal with tonight.

Taehyung... and now, Jungkook.

You couldn't let them see you when you got home. There'd be too many questions, and if you told them Yoongi was safe and fine, they'd want to see him in the morning. And you wouldn't be able to take them in the morning. 

To avoid this, you'd have to sneak into your own house, and leave early in the morning in the hope that nobody noticed you.

Sighing, you decided that was exactly what you'd do. It would be the last time you had to do it. However, you'd stall first, so that when you got home, it would be late at night. You'd only get a few hours of sleep, if any at all, but so be it. It will be the last time.

 It will be the last time

11:49pm.

You had spent a few more hours at the warehouse, double checking that Sehun was in his cell, and that Dahyun had gone home safely. Rosie had told you she'd gone home alright, and that she didn't ask any questions. In fact, she hadn't spoken much at all. You'd probably scared the life out of the girl, so you didn't blame her. However, Dahyun would have to wait. As much as you loved her, she wasn't at the top of your priority list at the moment.

So, here you were. Standing outside your bedroom window, ready to break in, just like a burglar would. 

However, you heart was beating much faster than usual. You couldn't put your finger on it, but for some reason, you were feeling nervous, out of sorts. You felt like something wasn't quite right.

You tried to push the feeling away, gently lifting up the window after unlocking it with a small key. You peeked over the sill, and, seeing your bedroom door closed, climbed quietly through the window. Your feet touched the soft carpet, and you pulled the rest of your body through the window, closing it behind you.

Sighing in relief, you let out a breath you didn't know you were holding, and turned around.

Only to see a wide-eyed Taehyung staring back at you.

You both froze: your heart stopped, and you couldn't think for a moment. 

The only thing you didn't  want to happen was... happening. 

Moments passed, and you both just stared at one another. 

Then Taehyung's eyes left yours. They began to drop, looking at your figure in shock. 

Crap. 

It was only then you realised what was going on. 

You were still in your combat gear. Your blood-stained, Blackrose-inscribed combat gear. 

There was no more hiding. You had never felt more vulnerable than this in your entire life, and you were petrified as to how Taehyung was going to react. 

Because you could see it already hurting.

"This... you can't be serious..." Taehyung croaked, his voice cracking. "I can't believe..."

His voice trailed off, and his eyebrows furrowed deeply.

After a few moments of silence, he suddenly swore, clutching his head with both hands, groaning loudly. 

Oh no...

You quickly rushed to him as he threw himself on your bed violently, scratching wildly at the back of his head. His groaning turned into agonising cries for help, but it was muffled by the blankets and pillows on your bed. His condition was escalating quickly, and you didn't know what to do.

"The doctors said he shouldn't know what happened before the accident..."

Of course.

It was his amnesia. That was what was hurting him. And you couldn't do anything to help him. You could only cradle him in your arms as tears streamed down both your faces, and listen to his cries.

You didn't know how much time had passed. But you held him tight and waited until his cries slowly tapered off, and his body stopped shaking.

When he had calmed down a little, you hesitantly leant forward to peak at his face.

Taehyung's eyes were bloodshot, and they were staring right into yours. He looked betrayed, hurt, and quite frankly, a mess.

And it was all your fault.

"Are- are you okay, Tae?" You asked, your voice small. You knew he was far from okay, but you didn't know what else to ask.

Reacting to your voice, he quickly scrambled out of your arms, holding his head again. His voice was cold when he spoke. "Tell me everything Y/N, right- right now.... my head is pounding and I don't know why, I can't see straight, and my whole body aches. So you better have a damn good explanation for this."