Chapter 55: Maybe, Just Maybe

You hated the fact that the hours just wouldn't stop ticking by.

You were stuck in an endless time loop, lost in a void that stretched in front of you as far as the eye could see.

And no matter how much work you put into finding Yoongi, OSH had hidden well.

He would have made sure to leave absolutely zero leads.

And you knew that.

You knew that and you hated it.

The more time that passed, the more irritable, irrational and uncontrolled you'd become.

And you hated it when you snapped on Bangtan, or was rude when you knew you weren't the only one currently worried sick about Yoongi.

You were all in the same boat.

Yet you felt overwhelmingly responsible for everything that had happened.

You were the reason you were all in this situation right now.

If it weren't for you, Yoongi would be safe and sound at the moment, laughing along while enjoying Bangtan's company.

But you'd messed things up again.

And you knew you'd have to be the one to put everything straight again.

And to be honest.... right now, you felt utterly stupid.

Surely the "Great Blackrose" shouldn't be ruled by another mafia, even if it was her rival.

Wasn't Blackrose the greatest?

Wasn't Blackrose unbeatable?

Wasn't she the most cunning, clever, and most powerful mafia boss in Korea?

No one could defeat Blackrose... right?

But whenever you stood in front of the mirror, you gazed pitifully at your dreary reflection.

Deep, dark bags hung miserably below your eyes from lack of sleep.

Your collarbones pushed against your skin, longing to escape the restricting confines of the tough tissue.

You were the embodiment of a dead soul trapped in a skeleton of bones, your heart beating only because it couldn't stop until Yoongi was safe and sound again.

The only temporary relief of your pain was the time you spent with the rest of Bangtan, however even those moments soon turned into a painful reminder Yoongi wasn't there. He was with OSH. And he was in danger every moment he spent there.

But you still couldn't neglect them. You couldn't neglect the rest of them, because they were hurting too.

It had nearly been one and a half weeks since Yoongi had disappeared, and there had been no more text messages or phone calls since the brief ring on your phone last Wednesday.

Currently, you were sitting across from Jungkook and Taehyung at the dinner table, the three of you stirring mindless through your soup on the warm Saturday night it was.

The atmosphere was sullen, and no one spoke.

Only the sound of occasional slurps echoed through the living room.

Then, Taehyung tentatively looked up from his bowl, sitting back slightly and clearing his throat softly.

Both you and Jungkook looked at him with dead eyes.

"Hey... how about we organise something with the other boys tomorrow? I know it won't-"

"Forget it," Jungkook interrupted, his voice low. "Not without Yoongi hyung."