Chapter 85: The Walls Come Crashing Down

Finally, after a long, draining day, you reached your house. Though it seemed like today had dragged on forever, it had finally come to an end.

You would finally be able to put your feet up and rest in a kind of peaceful state, a massive weight finally gone from your shoulders.

Overall, today had been a good day... you were able to serve your revenge, reveal the truth to the boys, bring Jungkook to his father and begin searching for his mother, and you had checked up on Dahyun briefly. 

So all in all, today was successful, right?

But then there was Jin. His rejection of your apology made everything seem like it had gone to waste. 

Afterall, Bangtan wouldn't be the same without him. And you wouldn't be the one responsible for Bangtan's downfall. 

He just needs time, right?

You felt selfish for thinking that you deserve to be forgiven. Maybe you didn't. Maybe the boys were being too merciful when they forgave you, and now you're having a hard time because you got what you deserved. 

So maybe, afterall, the pain you were experiencing was not caused by Jin, but by yourself. 

Maybe you were being too soft. You knew the consequences of your actions when you took them, and now you're over here sulking because you got what you deserved?

Sighing, you shook your head. I'm just a wimp. Whether he forgives me or not, it was my fault anyway. Why am I blaming him?

To be honest, if you put yourself in Jin's shoes, you understood how he felt. Maybe not entirely, but you couldn't possibly be mad at him about it. 

Since as long as you could remember, the two of you were inseparable. To find out that perhaps all of that was an act by a cold-hearted murderer in an attempt to "protect" him when in fact that just led to someone else he cared deeply about almost being killed? No wonder he felt so betrayed. Maybe if you'd just talked to him about it rather than hiding everything he would understand you. 

You were so obsessed with keeping your identity as Blackrose a secret that you didn't even stop to think about there possibly being a better way. Like... not trying to do everything by yourself. 

Maybe telling Jin would have helped. Maybe he would have been supportive, and just maybe the two of you wouldn't have ended up in so much pain. 

Maybe....

Your thoughts were interrupted by the sound of  a car arriving in the driveway. 

You frowned, checking the time as you approached the window. 

11:23pm.

That was awfully late for a visitor. 

As your eyes fell upon a familiar vehicle, your frown only deepened. Speak of the devil...

It was Jin.

You quickly looked over your shoulder, seeing Taehyung standing outside his bedroom door, his eyes squinted as he ruffled his hair tiredly. "Who is it?" He drawled, obviously being woken up by the sound of the car.

"Jin oppa-" you were cut off by the sound of the door slamming open. 

Whipping around at the sudden sound, you were met by a furious Jin storming towards you. 

His veiny hand gripped the front of your shirt tightly as he shoved you backwards roughly, sending you reeling into the wall. 

You were so shocked at his aggressiveness you let out a startled squeak, eyes wide. Faintly, you heard Taehyung's surprised "HYUNG!" in the background of the commotion.