Chapter 56: A Picnic in the Park

There were still 10 minutes left until you, Jungkook and Taehyung would leave to meet the rest of Bangtan at the park. 

And, though you had thought this would be a good idea yesterday, you were starting to feel as if you were agreeing with Jungkook.

It just felt... wrong. Wrong to be meeting up with everyone as if nothing had happened.

Regardless, somewhere deep inside your conscience, you still believed meeting out and spending time with one another would be the best thing for both you and the other boys, even if it was in the midst of a crisis.

Sighing, you grabbed your bag, slipping your gun deep into your purse once more. You were at the point where you couldn't risk leaving it at home even for a couple of hours.

Because if something came up, you needed to be able to protect the rest of the boys, and if it came to it, you were prepared to expose your identity. You would... just to save them.

However, you weren't planning on that happening.

Your mind was just doing its customary "worst-case scenario" briefing, roughly creating a sketch of what you would do in such a situation.

It's not like it would actually happen.

But it didn't hurt to be safe, right?

You stepped out into the living room, finding Taehyung and Jungkook lying on the couches waiting for you.

"Alright then, let's get going."

They hummed, and nothing else was said as three the of you left the house, locking the door behind you.

The car ride was also strangely silent, especially since Taehyung and Jungkook together in the back seats. Usually you wished it was silent.

But you knew why.

You knew the three of  you were feeling guilty, as if it was a sin to hangout knowing Yoongi wouldn't be there.

Wasn't it just the same as any other time he hadn't been able to make it?

No. The answer to that is no. He's in danger, and I'm not doing anything about it.

All of a sudden, you just wanted to turn the car back around and go home.

But you gripped the steering wheel harder and forced yourself to continue on your journey to the park. 

You were doing it again.

Falling back into the black-hole of guilt and blaming yourself. 

You kept sinking into the same pit of negativity and self-pity, when really, the only way you'd be able to save Yoongi was to clear your head a little.

And it was only for a few. Dang. Hours

You weren't forgetting about him, or the situation at hand. 

If anything, you were doing this for him. Because you'd be able to come back just a little stronger.

 Because you'd be able to come back just a little stronger