Chapter 1 (rewrite)

*Rustle

The sounds of bushes were heard. Not long after, a boy appeared from behind the bushes. He looked wary of his surroundings.

Giving away the fact that it seems like he is somewhere he is not familiar with. The boy took off his shoes and walked silently while still observing the place.

It is as if he is looking for something. The boy walked for more than ten minutes before he finally saw the end of the garden.

The boy started running towards the exit when suddenly his feet got caught up by a branch resulting in him falling on the ground.

"Ouch... that hurts.." The boy whimpers. Tears started to drench his eyes. The face that turned red from the fall impact became even more red.

Suddenly, a loud booming noise was heard startling the boy. The noise came from the sky.

He looked up and was greeted by a beautiful sight in front of him. The sky is filled with large and colorful fireworks.

He was speechless. The breathtaking sight made him forget the pain he had experienced before. He brought his hands together and clasped his hands as tightly as possible.

He prays to whoever is out there to grant his wish. His eyes glittered with expectation and hope. Hope that one day, his wish came true.

Sounds of footsteps were heard from a distance and he quickly hid himself in the nearby bushes. In the darkness.

He waited patiently for the sound to come closer and peeked his little head outside the bushes.

There was a lady. A beautiful lady clad in a red dress and a scarf wrapped around her shoulders. She had a beautiful pair of violet eyes that seemed to glow in the dark and the same hair color as his own except for it being longer and straighter.

She is looking at the sky with cold and empty eyes. But the boy being an observant child, saw the sadness and grief in her eyes. She looks so lonely. A child like him who is very sensitive towards emotion felt weak and was about to cry when a hand was placed on his mouth making him unable to let out a single noise.

He looked up to see the owner of the hand and he was shocked. His butler was there looking at him with a terrifying glare laced with worry and relief.

"We have a lot to talk about when we return, young master." He whispered.

The boy tensed and started an attempt to run away but all of his actions were futile leaving him even more petrified.

The woman left the area and he was finally free from the butler's hold.

He squirms sadly out of embarrassment and guilt. "Sorry...."

The butler sighed and crouched to match his young master's height. "It's okay, young master. You don't need to feel guilty over anything. This servant of yours is just worried. You ran off without saying anything"

He looked up uncertainly and started to fidget. "...Then... can I ask something?"

The butler proceeds to walk with his hand in tow. "What is it, young master?"

"Who is that lady? Why are we hiding from her?"

The butler paused for a brief second and proceeded to walk. "She is your mother, The Countess." He looked at the boy and held his hand tight. "Please promise this servant of yours to never engage in any contact with her."

The boy is confused. He asked again. "Why? Isn't she my mother? Why can't I be in any contact with her?"

{Raon looked in confusion. He turned to the adults around the space and asked innocently. "Why can't human meet his mom?"