Chapter 3 (rewrite)

2 years had passed. Both Cale and Jeremy are now 13 years old. Their face is more mature than 2 years ago. The baby fat on their cheeks is almost gone being replaced with sharper edges.

Cale Henituse who grew up to be more sharp and mature than kids his age, was expected to be the future Count with his great achievements despite still being a child. His position as the kingdom's flower, though, was no longer.

{"Let me guess. That bastard is the one that stole it." Suddenly the former princess interrupts the screen.

The crown prince sighs. He can see that. Well- he already knew the answer since 7 years ago. But he kept quiet.}

The position is now in the hands of Jeremy with his loveliness and innocence everyone wants to protect. Cale whose position was stolen, could not be bothered as he is still at the top next to the rising new crown prince.

{"Told you," she said again.}

He who has matured more, noticed how, despite the commotion in the past, this particular younger brother of his was very calm. The child only seemed to start panicking if the situation was at his disadvantage. Which, is not innocent-like.

It does allow the redhead to understand the situation better. 'It was all planned.' He thought. He remembered how the servants who got fired looked betrayed and surprised. 'Based on their reactions... he must've said something to make them believe the rumor in the first place.'

'...Weird'

He decided to stay quiet as a random speculation wouldn't get him anywhere. The thought has no proof nor living evidence(yes I did that on purpose) so random blame will surely backfire.

{The people inside the room take note of how he thinks about the situation.

They realized he only kept quiet since he didn't have evidence. Not because of naivety or foolishness.}

He might still be at the top, but a lot has happened in the past two years. He was treated with less and less respect for each passing day. Some were even bold enough to face him with ridicule and disgust head-on.  Of course, they are taken care of the very next day but we won't digress about that.

That was, unfortunately, only the beginning of his unfortunate life. Months later, in the middle of the spring season. The flower of the kingdom has fallen.

The three brothers were having teatime together. Courtesy to Cale, who realized how he stopped hanging out with Basen like they used to. He knew, Jeremy seemed to only invite three people to his teatime which was either him or his parents. Deruth always rejected the invitation using work as an excuse, though.

{Everyone applauds at Deruth's decision to reject his offer. }

That is when he gets the idea to invite his two brothers instead. As a form of getting to know each other better. He said.

It did not last long.

The moment everyone got their tea prepared by a maid. 'Ron and Beacrox left with father.' He thought as he glanced at the new maid. Misfortune happened.

{Everyone also realized how bad things always happened around Cale when the duo was not present.

"I guess everyone realized the duo is not to be taken lightly even as servants." Choi Han said to represent everyone's realization.}

Jeremy suddenly began coughing up blood. He looked surprised and betrayed in everyone's point of view. Except for two.

He then fainted. He fell off his chair down to the ground. The servants present began running frantically, searching for help. For a healer. A priest. Or even a mage.