Chapter 9(rewrite)

Two days passed and Cale still hadn't regained consciousness.

His room was changed for the time being for repair and safety precautions. Now, his room is directly beside Deruth's bedroom.

The family except for the Countess and Jeremy was gathered inside Cale's temporary room.

"I know we already said this a lot of times before but I still want to say it," Rosalyn said judgingly.

The others waited for her to finish her sentence.

Rosalyn took everyone's silence as a chance to proceed. "How come Duchess Violan who is not blood-related to young master Cale cares more about him than his mother"

"Duchess Violan is the epitome example of how a mother should act towards their children" Lock also went into the conversation.

Rosalyn turns towards him proudly. Her dongsaeng sure is a smart boy.

With Deruth sitting beside him and Violan comforting her husband. While the two siblings, Basen and Lily are standing not far from the door.

Basen stared at his parents and then at his unconscious older brother. He stared at the ethereal face for a long time before changing his gaze back to his parents.

Basen has always been a quiet child. Unlike his brother who is good at conversing and meddling with other people. Or like his younger sister who is always energetic and talkative even as a baby.

Basen is a child who likes to observe instead of being in the actual scene himself. That is one of the reasons why not a lot of people pay attention to him.

"If young master Cale didn't introduce young master Basen to me back then, I don't think I would realize there is another young master in the house of Henituse," Alberu said quietly.

The others looked at him surprised.

"What do you mean? Aren't the royal family's members such as us both have to memorize every single noble house including their potential heir?" Rosalyn said surprised.

Alberu nodded. "That is true but young master Basen's presence is so hard to notice because of how quiet he is" he explained.

But even so, he has always admired his older brother, Cale Henituse. Basen looked up to him as his role model. Always wanting to spend time with him even if it is just for a short moment.

Cale is someone who will never leave the work until it is done. Someone who will be unsatisfied with his work thinking it is the worst while also being the best.

He is someone who is kind and worthy of all praises but thinks he is not worthy of such things.

Basen pities his brother who is always searching for the Countess's recognition while being clueless about how others care for him.

"I like how young master Basen is only speaking facts about young master Cale" Lock said happily.

That is Basen's perspective towards his half-brother, Cale.

Meanwhile, his perspective of Jeremy is very different.

Basen thought of him as nothing but an annoying spoiled cousin. Jeremy is too spoiled and talkative for his liking.

Don't get him wrong, though. He didn't care whether the person was speaking too fast or too slow. Being too loud or too low.

But Jeremy is on a whole other level of talkative. And also annoying.