Chapter 5(rewrite)

Tap tap tap tap

Sounds of hurried footsteps can be heard along the corridor. The source is no other than the stressed Count of the County.

He looked grim and upset. He stopped on his track.

'...Shit. I messed up.' He thought.

Right after he stepped out of the office, he felt relief but also guilt. He could not help but feel relieved after the stressed outburst he just made.

He realised he stepped out of bounds when he started to speak about the marriage between them.

He knew why she did not run away. That is why he felt pity and decided to give her everything she asked for.

It turns out that is not the best decision he made. It probably just made it worse for her.

He slapped his cheek until it turned red. He huffed in determination.

He is not there to think about his past actions. He's there to visit his traumatized second-born child.

{Choi Han coughed. The others turn towards his direction confused. Alberu was holding his laughter since he knew why Choi Han coughed.

"Is something wrong, Choi Han?" Rosalyn asked.

Eruhaben examined the instructor-crown prince duo suspiciously.

"Both of you have been acting weird ever since we arrived here." He adds.

Alberu looked at Eruhaben flabbergasted by the sudden accusation.

"I thought it was about Choi Han coughing? Why am I suddenly being added to the conversation?" He exclaimed.

Lock sensed something was wrong and quickly changed the topic.

"Why don't we continue the screening? The faster we finish the better." He said.

Everyone looked back at the screen and the screen continued.}

He resumed walking until he finally reached his room.

Knock knock knock

He waited.

"Come in." A child's voice can be heard from the other side.

He opened the door quietly. He checked the room's surroundings and finally spotted the child sitting on the floor with his storybook. The child is looking at him in wonder.

He smiled gently. He stepped closer and when he arrived, he ruffled the child's hair. "How are you doing, Basen?" He asked gently.

Basen flinched at the question. He stayed quiet for a while but Deruth remained patient.

The boy then hugged his father searching for comfort. "I missed you." He whimpered.

{"Don't be sad, human's brother." Raon exclaimed in worry.}

Deruth stayed silent knowing what mistake he had made. He has been busy since the incident happened. Having to clean up and silence the witnesses took a very long time to deal with. He became even more busy since four days ago ever since Cale woke up from his slumber. Searching for the finest and most trusted healer as well as priests also took a lot of his time(Both he and Violan only want the best of the best and it is hard for the church to keep up. They almost resorted to calling saint Jack from the Empire.).

He hugged the boy and patted his back to give comfort. "I am sorry. I should have visited you sooner. I am sure you are scared after what happened." He said gently.