Chapter 15

It's been a week since Cale Henituse woke up from his deep slumber and everyone in the County's mansions can tell that something had changed about him.

"Hm? Did he wake up already? Have any of you come out to watch the screen?" Rosalyn asked as she turned to the others.

Everyone was dumbfounded as they shook their heads confused.

"Since no one watched it... Did it move on its own? But why?" She asked no one in particular.

Cale Henituse seemed to be very wary and not as talkative as before. He kept on avoiding conversations, as well.

Heck, he didn't even make the slightest eye contact with Deruth ever since then, either.

A lot of the servants and the people who heard about his change became worried. Thinking and saying that the assassination attempt must have traumatized him.

But unknowingly to them, Cale is just acting as if everything is scary.

He didn't make even the slightest contact or conversation with Deruth to make him restless about his well-being.

Making it more dramatic, he says.

"For a child to be very calm after an assassination attempt is quite abnormal," Eruhaben said noticing the fact that Cale seems to be very calm after waking up from a coma.

Cale may be different and cunning for a child but he is still a child, nonetheless.

Silence fell on the group. Everyone started to realize the fact, as well.

Choi Han interrupted the silence when he started talking about his theory.

"Maybe... Does it have something to do with the missing episode? We all noticed that the screen seemed to skip on one episode- well, probably more... But I don't think it is one of the 'Cliffhangers'. Maybe it is a glitch. A problem in the system"

Alberu also joined in.

"What Choi Han said seemed possible. The being who brought us here seemed powerful enough for them to be able to bring all of us into this space. Maybe there's a problem from their side"

"We don't understand~ Can't we focus on watching the screen first?" The children cried out. Their heads seem to be smoking because of too many words wanting to be registered in their little heads.

"...."

Deruth frowned. He's in the office with Violan doing his work while she helps him through it.

He seemed lost in thought. Not even noticing Violan's gentle call. Seemingly lost in his little world.

Violan sighed. She had one hand touching her forehead irritated. Her husband has been acting like this for a week. Always lost in thought and does not notice his surroundings.

"Haaa..."

She stared at him for a quiet minute before walking towards him.

With a frown, she looked at her unkempt husband of hers. Knocking on the table, she called "earth to Deruth Henituse".

Snapped out of his thought, Deruth looked around before looking at her. "Yes, dear?"

Still frowning, Violan flicked her husband's forehead lightly. She moved her hands to hold her waist.

"?"

She sighed harder this time and pointed towards the door. Tapping her foot impatiently, she said shortly. "Get out"
Looking at Deruth's confused face, she walked to reach the other side of the table. Taking his hands and making him stand up.