My Story : Crush

I realised how hard it is to have a crush on your friend.
For I had a crush on my best friend.

I was naturally a quite girl. I don't really know how to talk to other people who I am not close with.

But one day, on Year 4(10 years old) it changed.

It's like any other quite day for me. I have friends. I'm not a loner but I only thought of my friends as well, friends. But when it's time for recess or outside the classroom, we rarely talk with each other.

On recess, the teacher had announced that a new student is transferred to the school. He had arrived just  when we started recess.

Completely normal. I didn't expect anything from the kid.

The kid is going to be in my class. I don't care about that. It just means a new unimportant addition in the class.

After recess, the teacher called for me. Asking me to be the 'tour' guide for the new student.

I asked who is the kid and the teacher said he's a boy.

Great.I

So fucking great.

I can't even mantain a short conversation with people my gender(girls) and this teacher is expecting me to get closer to a boy?

No fucking way.

I reluctantly except the request. It would be really awkward if I rejected it.

I met the boy. He has good looks and 7cm taller than me. I am 145 back then.

I walked with him around the school. Showing him where is where. Sometimes giving him warning not to enter some forbidden places for students. Telling him the common rules of my school.

And he would smile and nod to every single thing I said. Looking around the surroundings as we walk.

Normal. I really tried to end it as fast as I can. So that I won't have to talk to him again.

We ended the tour and he waved goodbye. Saying he will officially enter the school tomorrow.

Not that I care. I don't even know him.