Chapter 8(rewritten)

"Haaa... finally I'm home" he sighed.

The journey to and from the palace took three hours each with two times teleportation. The original time will take at least three days according to the carriage speed.

He threw himself onto the bed and snuggled in the newly changed blanket's warmth.

"This is bliss"

Chocolate

"..."

Chocolate box

"..."

Choco-

"Aaargh!! I get it!!" he screamed in frustration.

"Hahahaha" the room was filled with laughter.

Everyone enjoyed the bits of comedy Cale always gave them at unexpected times.

He stomped out of his comfy bed regretfully and made his way to the desk.

He rummaged through the contents of one of the drawers to search for the box of chocolates.

When he finally found it, he took himself to sit on the couches.

"This better be worth it" He opened up the box roughly out of pettiness and stared at the contents.

"It's poisoned isn't it" he spoke indifferently.

He examined every single chocolate and discovered one slot empty.

"Ron must have tasted it first so it should be fine for me to eat, right?" He said convincing himself.

"....Right?" He started to doubt his assumption.

There is a possibility that the poison is too faint for a person who drinks poison every day like Ron to notice.

"I will probably regret this won't I?" 

He stared at the chocolates and examined one of them. "it is fine to taste one and even if something happens to me, Father and the assassin duo will surely protect me"

He suddenly felt a sense of foreboding. "?"

"Hm?" Everyone frowned in confusion.

Eruhaben turns towards Alberu at the back. "Did something happen to the unlucky bastard?"

Alberu sweat dropped. He hesitates for a bit. "It would be better if you watch it to know. I have only heard about the situation before. I did not know the full details"

He jumped from the couch ignoring the chocolates that fell and ran to the bathroom entrance.

A sense of dread started to envelop his mind and he looked at every nook and cranny of the room.

His body is trembling with fear. Cold sweat started to appear and his breathing became erratic.

"Ron?" He called out.

But there is no answer. He waited for the answer he always heard whenever he called but there was none.

He instantly remembers the conversation he had with his butler that morning.

"Both my son and I will not be present for a week starting this afternoon, young master," Ron said while preparing the water for Cale's bath.

Cale sitting on the couch raised his head in question. "Hm? Are you going somewhere?"

Ron smiled and wiped his wet hands and walked towards Cale.

Cale also stood up and let Ron prepare him for the bath.