My Story : Crush 3

I finally met his partner. I was stunned to see her.

She was gorgeous and had a great personality. She's kind, reliable, honest, smart and most importantly, she knew how to talk with new people. She knew how to converse and keep up a conversation with the others.

Most girls and boys alike would feel restless if their partner have a friend with the opposite gender. She didn't feel that.

She said that she knew it's not in her place to end a friendship just because she is jealous. She knew tht I had been with him longer than her.

I tried to distance myself from her. I don't want to ruin their relationship even if it hurts.

I can see how both of them are happy with each other. How his smile is different than the normal smile he always had with me.

But I got trapped in her kindness and by the time I processed it, the three of us became good friends.

After two years, Both me and him stayed as best friends. Both his partner and me became good friends.

I thought it's going to be fine. Everything will be like how it is before with the addition of a new person.

Just when I thought that, they broke up. They argued about something that I myself don't know.

I was sad to see their complexion. I can see how sad they are. He started to talk less and she smiled less.

They looked like they don't want to break up but the situation made them.

I hated myself. I felt sorry for them and I hoped they could continue their relationship but deep down there's a part of me that felt happy. I desperately try to bury that part bu thinking about useless things and busying myself.

I hated myself for feeling happy when they are like that. What kind of friend I am? A bad one. A bad one for thingking so.

For 3 months. I tried to ignore that happiness. I tried my best to get them back together.

Doing everything that I can to help them. Being there when she cried about how she wanted everything to be how it used to be. Being there to accompany him when he's in a bad mood thinking about their arguement.

I was there even though it hurts a lot.

After a while, they got back together. No more misunderstandings and arguements.

I remembered clearly what they said.

"■■■■, thank you. I don't know what to do without you being there comforting me." She said.

"■■■■, I'm so lucky to have a best friend like you. Thank you so much." He said.

Back home, I locked myself in my bedroom. Crying silently.

Is this how second lead felt in novels? Am I a second lead? A second choice maybe?

I felt happy but sad. I don't know how to describe that feeling but it's painful.

I wished for them to have the best and I'm proud to have been friends with them. With her. With HIM.

A/N: this happened two days ago. So bear with me for I am going to post unrelated sad story for probably at least three days. It's my way to cope with a heartbreak.