My Story : Crush 2

The next day came and I had already forgotten about his existense.

I am an early person back then. I usually arrived to school at 5:50 a.m. Students back then has to be at the school premise before 6:30 a.m. I'm usually 20 minutes early than my classmates.

Another normal day. I sweeped the floor and wiped the windows. Organizing the day chart and table.

Like how I usually do. Nothing changed.

5 minutes after arriving, I felt like someone is staring at me.

I looked back and saw the boy from yesterday. He os smiling happily.

"You are early than me? Haha! I guess I'm going to have a new friend now!"

He said with a bubbly energy.

I was already thinking about arriving late from then on.

But much to my displeasure, that never happens.

When the others started to arrive, he would talk to them and by the end of the day, he had been friends with everyone in the class.

Not me though. I refused to have that hyper anergetic friendly guy as my friend.

That would just be the end of my peaceful quite school life.

Every day became an annoyance to me. Him talking and never knew when to shut up. I will just ignore him most of the time unless he asked me questions about homework.

Days turn to months and months turn to years.

By the time I realised it, I had gotten close to him. It's been two years since we first met.

We would exchange occasional jabs to each other, talking about jokes or gossips. Him teaching me math and me teaching him english. We would compare our overall ranking in class after every exam month.

Of course, I always got higher grades and overall ranking. Sometimes, we would even buy each other gifts.

I also got close to his other friends. I would talk to them occasionally but not as much as I with him.

I also realised that I got a crush on him.

I kept on thinking about what ifs if I ever confessed to him.

It hurts knowing he didn't return the same feeling.

We became best friends. And I am contented with just that. Being friends with him is already enough for me.

I don't need more than that.

A year passed and we turned 13.

I chose to confess to him and let the feeling fade if he rejected me.

That day, before I could speak. He had announced it to me.

"■■■■, I am dating someone."

It felt like multiple arrows are being shot. How painful.

"Really? Is it someone that I know?"

"Not really but I can introduce her to you. Just tell me the time when you are free. I'll bring her with me next time."

"Okay. I'm free next thursday."

"Okay then. I'll bring her on thursday."

We spent a peaceful silence after that. I didn't want to ruin the moment with my sudden confession so I just kept quite.

But my head is a mess. I told myself that I will let him go but why does it felt so painful when he had announced him dating?

I don't even know anymore.

He broke the silence after a few minutes.

"You know... I'm really grateful to have a best friend like you. Sometimes, I would mistaken you as my sister with how close we are to each other. I really wished that this friendship will continue even when we grow up."

Sister? I don't know what to say.. because my feelings for him is different.

"Me too. I'm grateful to have someone like you too. Though you are annoying sometimes."

I tried to change the topic.

He gasped dramatically and we talked happily for the rest of the evening.