Chapter 4(rewrite)

Cale is sitting beside the windows while observing. He is sipping on his tea while observing his dear 'sick' brother. His gaze is filled with amusement and calculation.

'It is not hard to tell he is acting if you observe enough. It's not hard but it is not easy either.' He thought. He can see even from afar that his lips are quivering from smiling for too long. It is a miracle no one noticed it yet.

"Heh... everyone is indeed foolish..." he smirks. He looked towards the servants who seemed awestruck with his beautiful fake smile.

Goosebumps. They felt goosebumps seeing those calculative eyes. It is not even directed at them but it feels like they are the ones being watched.

'You had everyone in your palm, huh? I'm impressed.' He looked at the figure of attention picking flowers. Especially the white-coloured roses.

He felt especially triggered. This is his garden. The garden he was gifted by his father.

Deruth knew Cale's favorite flower was the white roses. That is why he made a rose garden filled with different colors of roses. Especially white ones. 'You dared to pick flowers from my favorite garden... you will pay for that later.'

Everyone is dumbfounded. Rosalyn and the ancient dragon looked at the three children in a questioning look.

"Do you know that?"

The children answered with a flustered look. Then, they shake their heads.

It seems like they had learned a new fact about the beloved commander.

He silently observes while sipping his tea. 'Lemon... ugh. Ron is teasing me again.' He frowns. Looking back at the event when he first woke up from his deep slumber 4 days ago.

Flashback

Cale is still on the balcony staring at the night sky. He is so immersed in his thoughts he doesn't realize the door is being opened.

He is so immersed he does not even realize the person who went into his room is already behind him.

"Young master."

He flinched. He knew that voice. It is the voice of his caretaker as well as his butler.

He slowly turns around to meet his butler's eyes. "You're back. Ron, I missed you." He smiled.

Alberu felt annoyed. 'Again with that convincingly fake reassurance smile.' He frowned.

He thought that it was very clear that he was not fine but he still chose to lie.

The said butler just stared at his master. No signs of using that signature smile of his either.

Sensing the mood, he holds Ron's hands. He hesitates for a moment. "Are... are you okay? You looked upset..." He looked down.

The servant stays silent before walking away. Once he reached the door, he stopped. He turns around smiling benignly. "It seems like the young master is unwell. I will from now on, make your tea healthier. Have a good rest, young master." He said before leaving.

The children said in unison. "Lemon gramps/Ron is very mad~"

Cale flinched again. He had a bad feeling about this 'healthier tea'. He even forgot how Ron's actions of barging and rude attitude could have killed normal servants. Well... as I said, normal servants.

Flashback ends

Since then, his tea has been personally made by Ron like usual, but instead of sweet tea like usual, it is changed to a sour lemonade.