PP (1)

The Pines twins, just two normal kids visiting another town for their winter break. They may look alike, but they're very different. The oldest one is Mabel Pines, she's extroverted and very protective of her younger brother, after all, that's what her mother taught her to be.

"Mabel, you are the oldest of the twins, I ask of you, take care of your brother when me and your father can't." Caitlyn Pines, their mother, said. "You're both free spirits, that's true, but your brother. . . Can cross the line."

Ah yes, Dipper Pines, the youngest twin. Just like his sister, he loves fiction, but Dipper was quite fond with something bigger, the supernatural.

"Mom! I told you I'm fine!" Dipper told his mom.

"Why did you jump down that hole, sweetie?" Caitlyn asked, bandaging Dipper's wounds.

He let out an "Ow!" when his mom took a small branch off of a cut, she sighed.

"Okay, that's it." Caitlyn said. "You're not spending this winter with your father."

"Wait, mom! Don't punish me for something Dipper did!" Mabel said.

"Why did you let your brother go alone?" Caitlyn asked.

That kept Mabel silent, looking to the side with a nervous smile as she remembered leaving her brother alone to go out with a boy she just met. Arthur was his name. Oh, but can you blame Mabel? His soft brown hair, his mysterious and quiet nature, besides, he dressed up nicely! He and Mabel were made for each other.

"She went out with a boy." Dipper said.

More silence kept between them, Caitlyn knew this was a phase but yet she didn't feel like that was an excuse, she showed disappointment. Caitlyn always believed in sibling protection, mostly from the oldest. Caitlyn got that tradition from her own family, she was an older sister after all.

"You'll be spending this winter break with your Great Uncle Stanford." Caitlyn said.

"Who?" Mabel asked.

"He's a supernatural scientist," Caitlyn said. "But his things are fake, so I'm sure you can have some fun."

". . .A fake supernatural scientist?" Dipper asked.

"C'mon honey, I know you love fantasy, but the supernatural isn't real." Caitlyn said.

"What will dad think of this?" Mabel asked.

"He doesn't have to think anything, I have your custody and your great uncle deserves to see you." Caitlyn said.

"We've met him before?" Dipper asked.

"You were five." Caitlyn said.

"Oh." Dipper let out.

"I'll call him, hopefully he'll answer." Caitlyn said. "He's a busy man."

Her joking tone gave them chills, not bad ones. Mabel giggled, already excited for their trip. Dipper, on the other hand, didn't seem as happy and excited as his sister was, he was sure they would get stuck with nothing do to until their winter break was over.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The day that the twins would leave came. Dipper and Mabel's mom helped them put their baggage inside of the bus. "I'll miss you two, my children." Caitlyn said.

"We'll miss you too, mom!" Mabel said, hugging her. Dipper joined in the hug, Caitlyn hugged them back with a warm smile. She let go of the hug and looked down to Dipper.