DRH (3)

Whispers took over the showroom, the audience didn't speak louder, but their voices in their head echoed, painfully with their whispers.

"No. . . Not again. . ." Gideon thought, holding the urge to not cover his ears.

He couldn't break the act now.

Pacifica looked down, she smoothed her dress and then stared at the crowd. "Shut it!" Pacifica shouted. "You're too loud, for god's sake!"

Her shout made everyone shut up, Gideon held Pacifica's hand and whispered to her. "Don't lose it now, we're still performing."

"You hate those whispers as much as I do, you know what happens when you read a whispering mind." Pacifica whispered back. "You should thank me."

Gideon looked away, Pacifica felt annoyed at his expression, even if he was bothered and almost in pain or sadness, he kept a smile on his face, how did he do it?

"Forgive us for our small interruption, we had some. . . Power cut offs." Gideon said. "But it's not yet the end!"

He clapped twice, a calm and slow song played as a grey smoke covered the entire theatre, Gideon held Pacifica's hand and the two looked at the crowd. The two watched the amazed crowd through the smoke and their minds. Inside of the smoke were two shadows, one of Gideon and one of Pacifica. Pacifica's shadow slid away from Gideon's shadow, approaching the kids she had seen before.

"Woah!" Melody exclaimed.

"She's looking at us!" Mabel said. "Hi!"

Dipper stared at the shadow for some seconds, it acted like it stared back, standing still on the same position, until later it went away in a quick speed.

"That was so cool!" Mabel said.

Dipper glanced at Pacifica, she had her eyes closed and her expression had changed from anger to coldness. The smoke soon changed colour, it started with greyish-pink, then greyish-blue, then the two colours mixed, turning into greyish-purple. It exploded like a harmless firework, leaving sparkles of greenish-blue and purple falling on the audience.

Many stood up and clapped, soon more people joined the clapping, the two onstage didn't let go of each other's hands, bowing to the crowd. "Thank you! Thank you!" Gideon said, standing up with Pacifica. "Your presence tonight was a real blessing!"

Mabel, Melody and Dipper were also clapping, Pacifica discretely glanced at Dipper, who didn't notice her, he just looked at them with a nervous but suspicious look.

The show was over, the twins chatted as they left with Melody. "The show was amazing tonight!" Mabel said.

"Yeah. . ." Dipper said.

"What's wrong?" Mabel asked.

"I'm just—" Dipper paused, seeing Pacifica and Gideon run behind a corner. "I'll be right back."

"I'll be waiting!" Mabel said.

Dipper approached the hall he saw Gideon and Pacifica walk into, soon he heard their voices and kept hidden, trying to listen.

"How are they blocking me?!" Pacifica shouted.

"Shhh!" Gideon said. "Calm down! I understand your anger, but we can't let the others hear us!"

"You said that only we had magic in here." Pacifica said. "Why suddenly are we being blocked from their minds?!"

Blocked from their minds? Whose minds? What was she talking about?

"I don't know, I never met someone that could do that before!" Gideon said, almost keeping his sentence but pausing, remembering something. "Except for one person. . ."

"Oh, so there is someone else with magic in this town!" Pacifica said. She groaned and crossed her arms. "I can't believe you lied to me."

"I didn't lie." Gideon said. "This person doesn't have magic!"

"Then how did he block you?" Pacifica asked.

"I don't know!" Gideon answered.

"Ugh. . . Of course you wouldn't, you little pig." Pacifica said, mumbling the last words.

The sound of a branch breaking called their attentions, Dipper ran back to Mabel before the two could see him. Pacifica and Gideon heard his footsteps and ran after him, enraged and concerned.

"Let's go, bro bro!" Mabel said.

"Let's go." Dipper said.

The two started to walk away, talking about the show once again. Pacifica looked at the two, knowing it was one of them who overheard her and Gideon talk.

But which one heard them?

She didn't know.

And she hated that.

But there was no problem, no, not at all, she had an idea, she knew how to find out.

She had to get close to them.

"Gideon, do you know where they live?" Pacifica asked.

"I'm sure they're staying at the Mystery Lab." Gideon answered. "Why?"

"No reason." Pacifica lied. "For no reason at all."

. . .

Back to the lab, Stanford awaited the twins at the door, Mabel and Melody seemed to be fine, but Dipper did a terrible job at hiding his nervousness.

"Was it good?" Ford asked.

"It was amazing!" Mabel said.

"Pacifica seemed fake." Dipper said.

"You think both of them are fake." Mabel said.

"Her personality, Mabel." Dipper stated. "She is fake herself."

"Pacifica?" Ford asked.

"Pacifica Perfect, or something." Mabel said.

"Oh, the child of the Perfects." Ford almost mumbled.

"Is there something bad about the Perfects?" Dipper asked.

"Not that I'm aware." Ford said. "But you should be careful either way." This sentence made Dipper feel even more anxious.

"But she was a bit rude." Mabel said.

"She told everyone to shut up because they were loud. . . I heard nothing." Melody said.

"Neither did I." Mabel said.

"They saw everyone whispering." Dipper said. "It was probably another act."

"But her skin burned!" Mabel said.

"I don't know how she did that, maybe it's another trick." Melody said.

"Maybe. . ." Dipper said.

"But besides that, everything went alright!" Mabel said.

"Yeah. . ." Dipper said. "Everything went alright."

Ford noticed the tone of Dipper's voice, but he decided not to get on the subject at the moment.

"You can go now, Melody." Ford said. "Kids, take a shower and straight to bed. . . Is that how you say it nowadays?"

Mabel laughed a bit, running inside and dragging Dipper with her, Melody waved at Ford, who waved back and closed the lab's door.