DHR (8)

An hour passed on Dipper and Pacifica's date, Pacifica was anxious, Dipper could see that, he was getting quite nervous seeing her like this. He couldn't hold it anymore.

"Paz?" Dipper called. "What's going on?"

Her eyes widened in his direction, they relaxed after two seconds. "It's. . ." Calm down, Pacifica, you can do it! "There's something I need to ask you."

"Am. . . Sure, go ahead." Dipper said.

Pacifica stood from her seat, her eyes staring directly into Dipper's. "Dipper Pines." she started. "Would you be my boyfriend?"

That question got Dipper for sure, out of all of the things Dipper expected from Pacifica, that was not even in the list. He gasped a bit at hearing that, but quickly covered his mouth with his hands.

His expression changed from surprise to seriousness and small sadness. "Look. . ." he took his hands off of his mouth. "Pacifica, I'm sorry. But I really can't."

Pacifica's entire world froze. "What?"

"I never saw us like that." Dipper said. "I like you, and all, but we don't know each other for that long to have a romance." he added. "I'm sorry, but I can't lie to you. My answer is no."

She felt dead inside, he said no to her. That was the first genuine crush she ever had, and also, her first rejection as well, her expression was filled wish sadness, to the point anyone that saw it would feel pity.

"But don't be like that! Please!" Dipper said. "I really like having you as a friend, and maybe in the future we could be something more. But let's slow down for now."

Pacifica was silent, her head was lowered. She sat down to her seat a second time, without saying a word for the next two minutes.

"Is that how you really feel?" Pacifica asked. "Like I'm not enough?"

"I never said that." Dipper said. "You're pretty, smart, and even if I was a bit mean to you, I really like you, but only as a friend." he said.

"Why did you accept coming to this date then?" Pacifica asked.

"Because it was a cool girl asking a friend out, you never said this was a date either, I. . ." Dipper sighed. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I'm really sorry."

Pacifica didn't speak after that, something felt different after that sentence. She could even see that was the same Dipper she hung out with, was it him or was it her? There has to be something or someone to blame.

But she refused to take the blame for herself.

. . .

Dipper returned to the lab after the date, feeling a bit guilty for hurting Pacifica's feelings. He threw himself on his bed, laying down with his back to the air.

"Hey Dipper, how did it go?" Mabel asked.

"Nice." Dipper said, being muffled by the pillow.

Mabel looked at him confused, she went to his bed and sat down next to him. "What happened? You don't seem as happy."

Dipper turned his head to Mabel. "Pacifica asked me to be her boyfriend."

"Really? Amazing! You got a girlfriend!" Mabel said.

"Mabel, I said no." Dipper said. "I don't like her like that."

"Wait, really?" Mabel asked, Dipper nodded. "Well, if that's how you feel then. At least you were honest!"

"As I'll always be." Dipper said. "I never felt anything bloom between us that quick."

"Maybe you'll find someone one day." Mabel said.

"I don't know, I was never the type to fall in love quickly." Dipper said.

"Maybe you just need to find the right person." Mabel suggested.

"Yeah, maybe." Dipper said.

. . .

The next day came, Pacifica was back at the Mystery Lab, looking for Dipper, being met by Mabel and Robbie chatting together, Mabel was sitting on a chair next to Robbie's chair behind the counter. Pacifica coughed, calling their attention.

"Where is Dipper?" Pacifica asked, being straightforward with what she wanted.

"Why do you want to know?" Mabel asked.

"I want to see him." Pacifica said.

"He's in the bathroom, you can wait here." Mabel said.

"Where is the bathroom?" Pacifica asked.

"Am, you're not waiting him by the bathroom door, are you?" Mabel asked.

"What if I am?" Pacifica asked.

"Woah, clingy much, aren't you?" Mabel asked.

"At least I don't abandon him from five to five minutes." Pacifica scoffed.

Mabel looked a bit mad. "At least I'm not stalking someone I have a crush on that had already rejected me!"

Pacifica cleansed her fist. "I'm not stalking him!"

"Sure you're not." Mabel crossed her arms.

"Finally this is getting interesting." Robbie said.

"Shut up, you gothic kid." Pacifica ordered.

Mabel stood up from her chair and walked closer to Pacifica. "You don't insult him!"

"Or what?!" Pacifica asked.

"Or you'll have to face me! You. . . You. . ." Mabel paused, with her eyes closed. She snapped them back on and pointed to Pacifica's face. "Walking one-dimensional bleached blonde Valley Girl stereotype!"

Pacifica looked shocked, mostly, enraged.

How dare she?

How dare she call Pacifica such a thing?

Pacifica almost stepped forward, but Ford interfered. "You two, cut it out." Mabel stepped back from Pacifica, who just glared at Mabel with a death glare, Ford turned to Pacifica. "Get out of here."

Pacifica turned to Ford. "What?!"

"I don't think I stuttered." Ford said. "Get out of here, now."

Pacifica looked at him, and then at Mabel, bitting her teeth in rage. "This isn't over yet, Mabel Pines!" she left, stomping out and slamming the lab's door. Her steps were only silenced once she started stepping on the snow outside.

Ford turned his eyes to Mabel and Robbie. "What was going on in here?"

"That kid wanted trouble and she got what she wanted." Robbie said.

Ford sighed, looking at Mabel after. "Why did you join the fight?"

"She started." Mabel said, going back to the chair.

"Next time just throw her out." Ford said. "Take one of my weapons if you want."

Ford left the room and Mabel crossed her arms again. "Oh, I will." Mabel said. She blew a streak of her hair that was on her face.