DRH (4)

The next day came, Dipper was on the cashier since Robbie didn't arrive yet, seconds later the door was opened again, an unexpected blonde girl came in, Pacifica Perfect.

She kept an annoyed expression at all moments, eyeing everything like it was the worst place of the world. When she saw Dipper, she eyed him up and down before getting closer.

"Can I help you?" Dipper asked.

"I don't know, can you?" Pacifica asked, rolling her eyes.

Dipper glared at her for some seconds, confused and a bit irritated. He stood up in front of Pacifica, still behind the cash register.

"Look, I don't care if you're friends with that Northwest celebrity guy, if you just came here to insult me or anyone here you'll get problems." Dipper stated.

"I didn't even want to be here in this filthy place." Pacifica spat.

Dipper pointed towards the door. "The exit is over there."

She glared at him for some seconds, after staring for a while her expression changed a bit and her cheeks turned a bit pink.

"He's. . . Kinda cute." Pacifica thought.

"Hello?" Dipper called.

Pacifica coughed a bit. "I'm. . . Sorry for what I said."

Dipper was a bit surprised at that. "Okay?"

"Can we restart?" Pacifica asked, reaching out to Dipper. "I'm Pacifica Perfect, and you've been in Gideon's show, haven't you?"

Reluctantly, Dipper shook Pacifica's hand. "Dipper Pines, and yes. . . I was there yesterday."

"Who were the other two with you?" Pacifica asked.

"My twin sister, Mabel, and Melody, my great uncle's assistant." Dipper said.

"And where are they?" Pacifica asked.

"Melody is guiding the tourists, Mabel is. . ." Dipper paused, thinking if he should say what his sister is doing or not. "Busy with girl stuff." he said. "Why the question?"

"What kind of girl stuff?" Pacifica asked.

"Figure it out, you're a psychic aren't you?" Dipper asked.

Pacifica felt shocked at that, did he believe she was real or was he mocking her? Did he know about them being blocked? Probably, his mind burned her after all. Pacifica needed to get closer to understand what was going on.

"I am." Pacifica said.

"Pfft, sure." Dipper said.

"What was that?" Pacifica asked, annoyed and feeling insulted.

"C'mon, I know about your tricks being fake." Dipper said.

Those words made Pacifica lower her head a bit in shock, he didn't know her magic was real. . . Then how is his mind blocked from her? Is it someone else?

"It worked on everyone except for me and my sister, the only ones that weren't in town? What? Did Gideon not get information about us in time?" Dipper asked.

Pacifica silently sighed, she raised her head and looked back to Dipper. "Tell me, Dipper." she started. "What kind of mysteries do you like?"

"I like— wait. . . mysteries?" Dipper asked.

"You like the supernatural, you like the mysterious, you like to know more." Pacifica said. "You stick your nose where you shouldn't." she added, approaching him. "Kids like those always get in trouble, you know?"

Dipper gulped, Pacifica was too close to his ear, her whispers gave him chills, he shivered a bit in fear. "Please back off. . ." Dipper told her.

Pacifica did as Dipper said and backed off, an almost wicked smile was on her face. "Would you like to see more?"

"What?" Dipper asked.

"I know a crystal cave that has many interesting things, we should be careful though." Pacifica said.

"Are you serious?" Dipper asked.

"Does it look like I'm not?" Pacifica asked, in a serious cold tone.

Dipper's expression made obvious that he was excited, an adventure in a mysterious cave? That sounded awesome! But then he remembered a small detail, Robbie wasn't there and some people were almost done choosing their things, they would form a line in the cashier.

"I would love to, but I can't right now." Dipper said.

"Why not?!" Pacifica asked, like a spoiled child that was told no.

"Robbie isn't here yet, but when he arrives I'll go with you! And when Mabel's done we can bring her too." Dipper said.

Pacifica let out a tsk, a bit annoyed. "Can't you just ask someone else to cover for you?"

"I'd love to, but I can't." Dipper said. "Mabel's busy, Melody is guiding, great uncle Ford is also busy, there's only me left."

"Hm. . ." Pacifica mumbled, looking to the door. "I'll wait."

"Really?" Dipper asked. "Why?"

"I find you interesting, we could be. . . Friends." Pacifica said.

"Coming from you that's quite nice." Dipper mumbled.

"What was that?" Pacifica asked.

"Nothing." Dipper said.

Not convinced, Pacifica went behind the cash register and pulled Dipper by his jacket. "Repeat what you said." she demanded.

"Pacifica, calm down! It was nothing!" Dipper said.

The door opened again. "Sorry I'm late." Robbie said, definitely not sorry at all. "I was busy—. . . what the?"

Robbie stared at the two with his small a bit agape. Seconds passed, Pacifica let go of Dipper and looked away, she started fixing his jacket. "Forgive me, I lost it for a second."

"Oh really? I didn't notice." Dipper thought.

"Why is the bleached blonde rich girl here?" Robbie asked.

"What did you call me?" Pacifica asked, her eye twitching.

"Hi Robbie! Glad you came, the tourists are coming!" Dipper said, grabbing Pacifica's arm and running outside. "I'll be out for a while! Be right back!"

"Sure?" Robbie let out, confused.

Robbie glanced at the line forming in front of the cash register, he let out an annoyed sigh and went behind it. "This will be a really long day." he thought.

"Why did you pull me?" Pacifica asked.

"So you wouldn't get in a fight with Robbie." Dipper said.

"Why is that a problem?" Pacifica asked.

"One, it would cause a lot of drama, two, you would get hurt easily! He's a fifteen year old with anger issues and you're a child from a fancy family! He'd win against you." Dipper explained.

"You were concerned about me?" Pacifica asked.

"Yes! I mean— No! I mean— Maybe?" Dipper let out.

Some other seconds of silence stood between the two, the only sound heard was the wind. A snowflake fell on Dipper's nose, making him stop looking at Pacifica to glance at it, he sneezed after.

Pacifica's expression immediately changed. "He sneezes like a kitten. . . That's so. . . Adorable!" she thought.

Dipper cleaned his nose with the sleeve of his jacket. "Sorry." Dipper said.

Pacifica looked disgusted at that. "Ew." she let out. "Let's go to my home, you're not staying near me with that filthy jacket."

"But—"

"No buts." Pacifica interrupted Dipper.

Dipper sighed. "You're taking me to the cave, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry, I am." Pacifica said.

"Alright then." Dipper said. "Let's go."