The Canid Protector

Based on: The Deep End

Dipper went to the forest to get something for Ford, in the middle of the way he saw a girl surrounded by two half man half bull creatures — manotaurs. He stepped in the situation and shot them with a gun Ford gave him. He escaped with the girl and ran back to the Mystery Lab after losing the two manotaurs from sight.

The girl introduced herself as Reiko, a half human half fox nymph that lives in a hidden garden on the forest, but got lost when she tried to escape from the two manotaurs that were trying to "own" her. He told Ford and Mabel about the situation and they decided to help her find her way back to the garden. Ford was reluctant at first because the nymphs hate men and the only species that didn't attack him was because he saved one of them in the past, but still agreed to help, knowing that they could end up finding the manotaurs again and would need extra help against them. Robbie decided to go along because he was bored.

Meanwhile, Pacifica is testing her amulet and slowly waiting for it to change colours — from blue to purple, her purple. Gideon is brushing his hair and looking in the mirror, preparing himself for the next show. Pacifica was slowly losing her patience and demanded Gideon to help her out. Gideon said he couldn't, because the amulet had a bond with him for the week, and until it got used to her, it would still be blue. She spat and stomped out, but Gideon blocked her from leaving, saying that she couldn't leave with her amulet still not attached to her and that it was dangerous to do so. Pacifica whined and sat down on the bed in Gideon's dressing room.

Back to the Pines, they were on their way to the forest, Reiko and Dipper had gotten along and close. She decided to give him a gift: an axe. Made of magical marble and very useful on a fight. Dipper thanked her. They kept on their way until they met the manotaurs again, this time on a bigger number. Ford gave everyone a weapon, Reiko used her powers, and Dipper used his sword. The fight kept on and Dipper managed to cut off one of the manotaurs' arm, Mabel threw a smoke bomb in one of their faces and Robbie ended up saving her from getting a cut on her face by one of them. Ford shot them with his gun and the fight continued.

Pacifica is back home, through her mirror she saw Dipper getting close to Reiko and felt infuriated. To prevent her from doing something stupid, Gideon went there himself. He saw the situation, and at first sight he and Dipper didn't get along. Dipper cleansed his fist, his despise for Gideon grew, Reiko noticed this, and glared at Gideon fiercely. If Dipper hates him, so do I, she thought. Gideon noticed how Reiko was on defensive and decided to leave — not because he was scared, but he knew he shouldn't mess with a kitsunymph (kitsune + nymph). He went back and assured Pacifica that the two of them were just friends, which was a lie.

After a time talking, getting along, and even, developing a short crush, they arrived at the gates of the Imperial Garden, Reiko's home. Dipper couldn't help himself, he ended up getting emotional, confessing how much he liked Reiko and how he would miss her. She hugged him, and then, Dipper did something he never thought he would be brave enough to: he pulled her into a kiss. She kissed back, and said that she wouldn't forget him, and she'd be there, waiting for him, and convincing her family to allow her to see him again. He agreed, still crying, but smiling. The two let go of each other and parted ways. Mabel teased Dipper all the way back, saying that he found the one, messing with him for getting a crush on a day, he refutes her with how she started to like Robbie at first sight too. They all went home, and Dipper still didn't forget (neither believed) his first kiss with a girl.

Events:

• Dipper saves a kitsunymph;

• Robbie and Mabel grow closer (and her crush on him grew);

• Uncle, nephew and niece bonding;

• Gideon and Dipper's rivalry begins;

• Dipper's new crush;

• Species introduced: nymphs (and the hundreds of types);

• Pacifica's new amulet grows a bond with her, putting her back in action next episode;