PP (4)

The ending of the tour had come. Dipper and Mabel left the room with excited expressions, running through the place looking for their uncle. On their run, Mabel accidentally bumped into Robbie. "Oi, watch it." Robbie said.

"Sorry!" Mabel said.

"Oh, it's you," Robbie said.

"Have you seen Grunkle Ford?" Mabel asked.

Robbie frowned, confused at the nickname, but he was not bothered enough to ask. He pointed to a closed metal door at the end of the hall. Dipper and Mabel went back to running. "Okay, thanks!" Dipper said.

Robbie looked at them with an annoyed expression. "Tsk, children."

Dipper and Mabel stopped running when they reached the door. Dipper knocked on it twice.

"Hold on!"

The sound of a roar was heard from inside, a bright light came from the room, but it could only be seen through the crevice under the door. The twins shared a look, Mabel shrugged. After a minute, the sounds were put to a stop. The door was opened and the twins were met by Ford, he peered down at them. "Oh, greetings." Ford wore a welding helmet on his head. Dipper and Mabel looked with curiosity, wondering what he was doing inside. "So. . . Need something?"

"We have some questions." Dipper said.

"I don't think my experiment room is the right place," Ford said. "Can you give me a second?"

"Sure!" Mabel said.

"We can wait." Dipper said.

Ford closed the door. A minute passed when it opened again, Ford was now wearing his usual coat. "Let's go to the living room," Ford said.

The three went to the living room. Mabel jumped on the couch, laying down. Dipper sat next to his sister, who put her feet on Dipper's lap. Ford sat in an armchair close to them. "So, what questions do you have?"

"Are vampires real?!" Mabel straightforwardly asked.

Dipper looked at her in small disbelief. Mabel waited for Ford to answer with a smile on her face.

". . .Yes, vampires are real."

"Yes!" Mabel cheered, raising her arms.

Dipper looked at Ford. "Do you still go on adventures?"

At the question, Ford kept silent for a few seconds. He sighed. "No, I don't," Ford said. "It's too dangerous to go out those days, and most of what's there I've already discovered."

"But what if there are other things in this town? I don't know, the Bigfoot?" Dipper asked.

"Already know."

"Zombies?"

"Real," Ford said. "If casted a spell, actually."

Dipper blinked. "What?"

"I'll explain later." Ford said.

"Right," Dipper said, still suspicious of his grunkle. "What about dragons?"

"There are dinosaurs hidden underground, so it's possible there are dragons in the sky." Ford said.

"Ha! Found something!" Dipper said.

"Did you just say there are dinosaurs underground?" Mabel asked.

Realisation hit Dipper when Mabel asked that, the two looked at their Grunkle with surprise. Ford kept a nervous and unmotivated expression. "Listen, kids, this town has more than you could imagine," Ford said. "It's unlike any other in the country — or maybe the world."

"Well, you've seen almost everything, and you know a lot, so why don't you take us to see it?" Dipper asked.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea." Ford said.

"C'mon, Grunkle!" Mabel sat properly on the couch. "It will be fun! And we can bond together!" she added. "Just imagine! Me, you and Dipper fighting a bunch of elves, swimming with mermaids, running with werewolves—"

"All of those options are dangerous." Ford said.

"Why?" Mabel asked.

"Mabel, those creatures are not as nice as they're shown in fairy tales," Ford said. "A mermaid will try to drown you, a werewolf will try to eat you,"

"And an elf?" Mabel asked.

"An elf will try to marry you," Ford said. "Trust me, you don't want to marry an elf."

"How would you know?" Dipper asked.

". . .Another story for me to tell you later." Ford said.

"C'mon, Grunkle!" Mabel shot Ford her main attack, puppy eyes. "Please!"

Mabel elbowed Dipper. He looked at her for a moment before understanding what she was doing. The two approached Ford with their hands together, shooting puppy eyes at him.

"Pleeeeease!"

Ford opened his mouth to speak, but words failed in coming out. The adorableness of the two hit him like a lightning, his “tough” side was weakening. A sigh escaped his lips. "Okay, I'll think about it." Ford said. "I need to get back to work, you can explore the lab, but be careful."

"Yay!" Mabel said.

"If he says yes this will be the best winter of my life!"

"You already said something like that, didn't you?"

"Oh, c'mon Mabel! You know how much I love the supernatural!" Dipper said, standing up with Mabel

"Yeah, I know." Mabel laughed. "Remember when you trespassed a mansion because you thought Ms. Hills was secretly a werecat?"

"C'mon, I know I'm right!" Dipper protested, going back to his and Mabel's room with her. "She ate a dead rat in front of me! I saw it!"

Ford heard their conversation, thinking. He was surprised, and even being slightly impressed, that kid surely was related to him. An instinct of the weird and even the braveness to go to a certain level to discover whether he was right or not, with no one being able of stopping you. He stood up and went back to the experiment room.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dipper was drawing the things he saw on the tour on a sketchbook he had brought with him. Mabel was playing with her deer. "Who's a good boy? That's you, Grunts!" Mabel said. Grunts jumped on Mabel. She laughed and kissed its nose, caressing the deer on top of her. "Dipper, come play with us!"

"I'll join you as soon as I'm done."

"Okay." Mabel said. Grunts jumped away from Mabel and ran out of the room. "Hey!" Mabel ran after Grunts. It ran outside of the lab and even passed through Robbie, who just glanced at them and rolled his eyes, looking back at his phone. "Come back here, Grunts!"

Grunts made Mabel run through the snowy woods. He only stopped when he reached a tree. Mabel caught up with the deer and picked him up. "Gotcha!" Mabel said, smiling a lot. "Now, why did you run here?"

Mabel looked at the tree — a pine tree covered in snow. She put Grunts down and it stood near her and the tree. Mabel stood there confused. The deer looked at the tree, nothing made it turn away from it. "Is there something on this tree?" Mabel asked. "Pfft, I'm talking to a deer!" she laughed. "Soon I'll make knock knock jokes with birds," she joked. "Knock knock!" Mabel knocked on the tree twice, but instead of a wooden sound, she heard the sound of metal. "What the?"