Dipper's New Friends

The following scene is from Myriad Mabel, parallel to Double Dipper. Whoever wishes to adopt and/or write this story, is completely allowed to change how this goes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"And done," Dipper finished writing his name on the list for the contestants of the Treasure Hunt.

Melody smiled at him. "Have fun, Dipper."

Dipper waved at Melody and rushed inside. Okay, all you need to do is find a team, or just work on your own, since Mabel is too busy to join. He saw a table with a few maps on it, so he approached and reached out to grab one. His hand bumped into someone else's. Both pulled their hands away and looked at each other, awkwardly.

"Sorry, you can take that." Dipper said.

"Thanks!" The girl he bumped hands with  had a very deep voice, far from what Dipper expected. She took a map, then Dipper took another one.

A second girl stood behind the first one, she was short compared to Dipper, but tiny compared to the first girl. She waved shyly at Dipper.

"Hi."

Dipper waved back. "Hey."

"We never saw you around here before," the first girl said. "Who are you?"

"Oh, um, I'm Dipper Pines," he held out his hand to her.

The girl shook his hand. "Nice to meet you! I'm Grenda,"

The shorter girl shook his hand after jumping forward. "I'm Candy."

"Nice to meet you, girls," Dipper said.

"Do you have a team?" Grenda asked.

"No, I just got here," Dipper said.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?"

The three turned to follow the voice. A group of two boys and two girls was standing right behind Dipper. One had white hair, freckles, and wore a white jacket over a blue shirt; he stood in front of the others, making it obvious that he was the leader.

"Gideon." Grenda frowned.

"Came to lose again?" Gideon laughed. "I don't even know why you bother trying, no one can beat me and my gang." he turned to look over his shoulder. "Right, guys?"

The girls and the other boy behind him cheered, then booed at Candy and Grenda.

"Aren't you Gideon Northwest? The kid from the Tent of Telepathy?" Dipper asked.

Gideon looked at him, eyeing him up and down. "Yes, that's me, the one and only Little Gideon," he chuckled. "But of course you'd know it, everyone in this town knows me."

Dipper frowned. "Yeah, the child star, or whatever."

Gideon frowned back. "Or whatever?" he snickered, hiding his annoyance. "Please, even the riffraffs behind you know me." he pointed at Candy and Grenda. The kids behind him laughed.

Candy looked away in shame. Grenda cleansed her fists, holding herself back. Dipper stepped forward. "Okay, that's enough! What did they do to you?"

"Keep yourself out of our business, boy," one of the girls said. "This is between us and those two scums."

"The only scum I'm seeing here is you." Dipper pointed at them.

Gideon's eye twitched. "Are you trying to pick a fight with us?"

"You're the one who started by bullying them." Dipper said.

"Don't tell me you joined those losers' team." the second boy said.