eleven

eleven

__________

—THE ANNUAL CHRISTMAS GALA ALWAYS GAVE HIM A HEADACHE.

Yoongi scowled as he tuned out the conversation. He'd never been a fan of large gatherings; parties had never been his thing in general. His mother was the one who enjoyed hosting get togethers, and galas, socializing with anyone and everyone. She could talk for hours. Yoongi didn't know how she did it. He only showed as a courtesy to his mother and an obligation to his father as his heir.

"Impressions are important," his father would tell him, "you don't have to enjoy it — just make them think that you do,"

But it was evident that he was displeased; one look and anyone could tell he'd rather be anywhere but here. It would be rude if he suddenly disappeared, however. His mother had spent countless hours organizing the event, like she did every year, and he would not risk disappointing his mother. Besides...it wasn't all bad.

He did love seeing Jimin get all dolled up

Still, he found zero pleasure in being lumped in with other Alphas, discussing politics, business and gods know what else. Namjoon and Jungkook made it all the more bearable, carrying the conversation so that he didn't have to. Yoongi could think of countless other things to do with his time than waste it hearing the same shit over again.

Namjoon sent him an apathetic look and brought up the election to avoid the conversation turning to him. All night he could tell that the Alphas were itching to question him on his relationship. Ever since they'd gone public, it was all anyone wanted to talk about; and while Yoongi could willingly talk about the omega for hours, he didn't want to talk about his private life with others.

Yoongi simply rolled his eyes, and went back to his drink as he scanned the crowd for any sign of the younger. He had spotted him earlier with Jin and Taehyung, but had been whisked away for politics and quickly lost sight of them. He hoped Hoseok was close by to keep an eye on them.

"So — Yoongi — what are your thoughts about this years investments?"

Investments? He thought they were talking about politics.

Yoongi's eyes flickered to the Alpha who'd addressed him. He couldn't recall ever seeing him around.

"I-" but he was cut off by a familiar voice.

"I hope you boys aren't working — surely the business talk can wait one day,"

Yoongi was saved by the grace of Jin, who sidled up to his husband's side with a loving smile. He pecked his cheek.

Namjoon's focus immediately turned to Jin as he returned his smile; a dopey look spread across his face.

"Hello my love," he said, fondly. He pressed his face into Jin's neck. "We were just discussing this years-"

"This years investments can wait till the morning. They'll still be there," Jin said, cutting him off as well.

Thank God, Yoongi thought to himself.

"Excuse me, gentlemen," he said, dismissing himself in search of his mother.

It didn't take Yoongi very long to find her — she was entertaining a few of her book club members by the bar. His father stood by her side, looking equally as bored as he had minutes ago. It amused him.