twenty-three

twenty-three

__________

—JIMIN'S HEART STUTTERED AS HE STARED UPWARDS AT HIS ALPHA. Yoongi looked dishevelled; not his usual put together self. His jacket was creased, his tie somewhat loose which meant he'd most likely had been fiddling with it on the drive – a small habit he hadn't quite outgrown. Yoongi's eyes were heavy with exhaustion as he looked back at Jimin, mouth turned downward in a frown. He was upset.

Relief washed over Jimin, though it was easily overpowered by a sudden range of emotions – his or Yoongi's, he didn't know – but he was relieved to see him here in front of him. He could easily reach out and touch him, which he wanted nothing more in the world to do, but he held back.

"I t-thought you had a business trip?" he said, a little confused. Yoongi said he'd be a week, but only three days had passed. Yoongi made a face. Jimin stepped back a little, and opened the door a little wider, a silent way of asking if he wanted to come in. "Did you want to come in for coffee?"

Yoongi's response was immediate, but not the one Jimin was expecting.

Yoongi crossed the threshold of Jimin's apartment, door slamming shut behind him with a deafening slam, and wrapped Jimin up in his arms before breaking down in tears.

Yoongi sobbed, fingers digging harshly into the fabric of Jimin's sweater. Jimin was taken back by the sudden display of emotion. The last time he'd ever seen Yoongi so distraught had been when he'd apologized profusely for almost taking advantage of him when he'd first presented.

But this...was far more overwhelming.

His Alpha was in distress – Jimin could feel it, and tears were beginning to well in his own eyes as he held Yoongi closer to him with a whimper. He doesn't know what set him off, but Jimin doesn't like it. He's scared.

They end up on the couch, tangled in a mess of limbs. Jimin felt the way Yoongi's whole body shook as he cried. He's trying, very unsuccessfully, to remain calm, carding his fingers through Yoongi's hair, acting as an anchor for the both of them. Yoongi's face was pressed against his shoulder. Jimin could feel the warmth of his breath tickling his neck, and the dampness of his tears through his sweater. Every shudder and wrecked sob echoed loudly throughout the apartment.

Alpha's unhappy...why? His omega demanded to know. Why?

Jimin hugged Yoongi tighter, sniffling, which resulted in another wrecked sob to escape Yoongi; as if Jimin wanting him closer was enough to break him. Why did that make him cry more? Did he not want to be held tightly? Jimin loosened his grip and when Yoongi outright whined in protest, he squeezed him close again.

We can fix it right? We can make Alpha happy again?!

Jimin kissed the top of Yoongi's head, breathing in vodka and peppermint. It was mixed with bitterness, making Jimin scrunch his nose, but Yoongi was here, with him, and that was all that really mattered right now.

"I love you," Jimin mumbled to him as he continued to run his fingers through his hair.

It took him a minute, in between dry coughs and his tears, but Yoongi was finally able to choke out a raspy, "I love you more," before falling asleep in his arms.

____________________