twelve

twelve

__________

—JIMIN WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION TO HIS SURROUNDINGS AS HE STROLLED DOWN THE HALL TOWARDS THE ELEVATORS. He was so preoccupied with his essay that was due in two weeks — and was running through a secondary draft in his head — that he couldn't see the way Chanyeol was staring at him. It didn't help that he was flipping through the files he was going to deliver to Yoongi as well. He scanned over last week's finances from various business deals, and stepped into the elevator, trying to remember what his father had wanted him to ask. It wasn't until the doors shut behind him that Jimin realized he wasn't alone.

He glanced up from the files and was greeted with a handsome smile and a scent that didn't belong to Yoongi. Jimin swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Chanyeol — I didn't hear you come in," he said politely; his smile was forced though as he peered up at the older.

Be polite, his omega whispered, we'll be with Yoongi soon and he'll have to leave us alone; act natural

"Is something on your mind?" He questioned. "you seem distracted,"

"Just school work," Jimin stated. "–and finances," he held the folder up for him to see. "With everything that's been going on lately–"

Chanyeol tsked.

"A pretty omega like you shouldn't worry about such things," he interrupted slyly, "–it's such trivial work for an omega; you should leave it for the Alphas to worry about,"

Jimin scowled, eyes glancing at the numbers above the door — 7 floors to go. He knew where this conversation was headed, there was always some Alpha trying to tell him what his place was, undermining his intelligence saying that as an omega he couldn't possibly handle the responsibilities of an Alpha. Jimin was capable, more so than most Alphas were, which was why his father had more confidence in him than many expected.

"–if you were my omega, you wouldn't have to worry about this kind of stuff; you wouldn't have to worry at all,"

"But I'm not your omega," Jimin said in a sharp tone. He could smell Chanyeol's displeasure in the air. Jimin felt rather smug when he tensed up. "–and I enjoy working. I would hate being cooped up inside all day with no real freedom,"

Chanyeol scowled.

The elevator dinged, and Jimin stepped swiftly out of the elevator, annoyed.

Much to his displeasure, Chanyeol followed, his long legs allowing him to catch up quickly to him. He let out a humourless laugh.

"Jimin wait, c'mon, don't be like that doll," he said, grabbing his wrist roughly and pulling him back. Jimin spun around in surprise and tripped over his feet. Chanyeol caught him with ease, chuckling under his breath. Jimin made a sound that tried to come across as an attempted growl, and pushed him away.

"Don't be like what?" He snapped.

"Be so grouchy; it doesn't suit you," he made a motion to brush some of Jimin's hair out of his face, but Jimin jerked his head back. He did not want to be touched by him of all people.

"I'm not grouchy, I'm annoyed. There's a difference. I'm not your omega; what I do is of no concern to you. Not to mention, I have a boyfriend. I don't understand why that's such a hard concept for you to wrap your head around,"

"Please, that thing you call an Alpha? He couldn't even pleasure you without freaking out,"

Jimin gasped in surprise.