eighteen

eighteen

__________

—THE SOUNDS OF SOFT, MINDLESS CHATTER AND CLASSICAL MUSIC FILLED THE BACKGROUND, lulling Yoongi into a sense of calm as he sipped his whiskey. He stood by the large bay windows that dominated the north wall of the restaurant, watching as the snow fell lightly, and the waves as they crashed against the shore in the distance.

In honour of Jin opening up a new restaurant, they were celebrating; and as usual, Jin had managed to outdo himself yet again – with the modern-esque interior giving it a classy look to the stunning ocean view and outdoor dining area (though it was still too cold to be eating outside).

It was both the perfect distraction, and the ultimate risk. Perfect being that a night out with friends would help ease the stress – risky being the fact that Jimin could go into heat at any moment. No matter how many times Yoongi scented him, he was still paranoid that something might happen. He wouldn't know peace until they were home.

Yoongi's eyes flickered to the side, where off in the distance, he could see Jimin talking with Taehyung and Hoseok. They seemed deep in conversation, and Jimin was laughing about something – to which Yoongi smiled in response.

He's too close, his Alpha huffed when he noticed how close Hoseok was standing to Jimin.

It's just Hobi, relax – besides, he's a beta, he's not going to hurt Jimin

But-

Stop freaking out

"Well well well, who do we have here,"

Jungkook sidled up to his side, glass in hand. He was dressed in an almost identical suit to the one Taehyung was wearing – a deep, navy blue – no doubt the omega's idea. Taehyung was always trying to match their outfits together, but the navy suited Jungkook (pun not intended).

"I'm surprised to see you here, we weren't expecting you both to show up – figured you at best, but I see Jimin's here too,"

"Wasn't so sure myself, but Jimin wanted to show support for Jin – and get out of cooking for a night – so here we are," Yoongi replied.

"You two seem to be doing well though, given the circumstances,"

Yoongi snorted.

"We're doing okay,"

"Just okay?" Jungkook questioned, raising his eyebrows. Yoongi gave him a funny look. "From what I've heard, you and Jimin seemed to be doing more than okay," Jungkook mused, wiggling his brows. Yoongi gave the younger Alpha a playful shove, causing him to laugh. "Oh come on, hyung-"

"It's not as scary, being intimate with him," Yoongi admitted softly. "I listened to your advice and talked with him, took things slow and now...now it feels natural to do those things with him,"

"Ahhh so things are more than okay I got it-"

"Shut up," Yoongi snickered.

"Oh come on, I don't know why you're getting shy with me – Taehyung tells me everything anyways,"

"How would Taehyung-"

"Because Jimin tells him everything, and in turn, Tae tells me. I think I'm more up to date on your sex life than my own,"

Tch, that omega better-

Hey, don't be mean, it's just Taehyung, he doesn't mean anything by it