twenty-two

twenty-two

__________

—THINGS DON'T GO ACCORDING TO PLAN; it seemed to be a common recurrence for them.

Due to the poor timing of Jimin's heat, and Yoongi's rut, both men found themselves swamped with work and school in the weeks that followed. Yoongi could not ignore the immense amount of paperwork that had piled up in his absence, and Jimin found himself cramming for tests, and researching for papers with imminent due dates.

There was little to no time for talking in the halls. Yoongi was constantly surrounded by other Alphas, or on the phone, either setting up meetings or organizing business deals; that left Jimin with nothing better to do than to follow his father around like a lost puppy, forcing himself to pay attention to what was going on around him. The rest of his time was devoted to his studies. He couldn't afford to fail now – not after he'd come so far.

Yoongi was falling asleep when Jimin was getting up, and some nights they didn't see each other at all. It had gotten to the point that it was more convenient for Jimin to stay at his own place due to how much time was spent at the campus library, than it was for him to stay with Yoongi. It wasn't like Yoongi would come to bed anyways. There was always more work to be done.

Their phone calls were tense, short, and Jimin could hear the impatience in his voice. Jimin couldn't tell if Yoongi was frustrated with him or not. He could only hope...

Yoongi felt distant, which didn't do well for his anxiety either. When they did get the chance to speak, he felt as if he was distracted, his attention elsewhere, rather than paying attention to the words he was saying. When Jimin would try to comfort him or ask what was wrong, Yoongi would simply shrug him off, and go back to whatever it was he'd been focusing on prior – saying that he was fine and that he didn't need to worry about him. He was an Alpha, he could take care of himself. This upset his omega; Jimin only wanted to help.

What made it all the more worse, was that Jimin could feel everything; not just his own emotions, but Yoongi's as well. The frustration, the anger – Jimin felt helpless knowing that there wasn't much that he could do in that moment. Every time he saw the mark on his neck brought tears to his eyes. Somehow one of the most joyous occasions of his life had now become a painful reminder.

Was he not good enough?

Yoongi had seemed so happy when he'd mated him, but maybe that was him riding off the high of him being in rut. Did it bother him that they'd rushed into things? Was he having second thoughts about it now that his head was clear? Jimin knew Yoongi had wanted to wait a little longer, but it was him who suggested it.

Though he supposed, Yoongi was doing it in a 'heat of the moment' sort of way, and Jimin supposed that he didn't do much to stop him either. He'd been a little selfish in his own desires, delirious in his own high that he let him without resistance.

It was all his fault. He should have told Yoongi to wait, so that they'd have more time to talk about it when they were level headed, and could actually make their own decisions.

Was Yoongi mad at him? It wasn't like they could talk so he could figure it out. Yoongi was on a short business trip this week, and wouldn't be back for another few days. But Yoongi was annoyed, and stressed, and angry about something, so he could very well be upset with him over it.

Jimin wiped his eyes, sniffling as he padded into the kitchen to make a cup of tea. After pouring his emotions out to Tae and Jungkook over the phone, and crying himself silly, he was exhausted. His eyelids drooped as he searched for a mug. He wanted nothing more than to crawl under his covers and hide there forever.