Chapter 9

Chapter 9

We walked back from the forest to the warehouse where I was being kept. Thomas' body was discarded in the side, near a hundred-year-old tree where he could be found by his men. It would be chaotic for the pack to deal with their Alpha's death but something good would come out from it all.

"So," I stopped Wayne just near his jet that was going to take him back to his town. The silent ten-minute walk allowed me to think about what I wanted. "I don't want to go back. I'm doing fine here and with Thomas dead, I don't see any problem anymore with staying here. He was the only mole." I began, breaking my silence and speaking with Wayne.

We stood in front of each other, our eyes levelled. "Are you fucking kidding me?" He snapped as soon as I finished talking.

My mouth dropped in surprise. "What?"

"You're going to get inside and you're coming with me, regardless of everything. You can get all confident and courageous once we land but if you don't get on the plane, I'll throw you over my shoulders and drag you in myself." He said, balling his fists together and squinting his eyes.

"But—"

His index finger landed over my lips before I could even begin. He silenced me down quick and then proceeded with shaking his head. "There are no buts here, Clara. Get in."

"I don't want to go," I snatched his hand away and bought it down. "I don't want to be reminded of everything over and over again. I want to be free and away from all the drama. I want to live my life the way I'm living." I snarled at him.

Wayne stared at me, giving me those same eyes as he had given earlier—moments before killing Thomas out of anger. His arms reached out and before I knew it, he swooped me in and pushed me over his shoulder.

My jaw hung open as I looked at the ground underneath me. My hair fell over my face and straightened in front of me. A growl left my throat as I rolled my hands into fists.

He wrapped his arms around my legs, securing me tight over his shoulder so anything I did, didn't make any difference. I tried kicking and punching, nothing worked out. His body was steel-like, unable to break or feel any kind of pain.

"You can't do this with me!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "Put me down, right now, Wayne!" I continued, hoping he would feel threatened and let me down.

The world passed by quickly, one minute I was staring at the ground that was lightly lit up with the street light and the next minute, I was inside an air conditioned jet with deep maroon colored carpet flooring.

Wayne pushed me off his shoulders and onto the seat of the jet. Blood rushed to my head and then back. My vision blurred momentarily while my heartbeat fast and hard in my chest.

My eyes raised at him, and I saw red. "You're out of your mind, aren't you?" I gritted my teeth together before jumping up with all the energy I had and rushing toward the entrance door of the jet.

He grabbed me by my waist, locked his arms and pulled me back onto the seat. The back of my head slammed against the soft seats, and I groaned in frustration.

"Let me out. This is not a joke!" I warned him, hoping the anger on my face would allow him to let me leave. I wasn't prepared to go back into the town, nor had I made my mind up.

"You promised to leave with me once you had taken care of Thomas. I took care of him for you, and you have to keep up with your promise." He pushed his hand near to my head and leaned over me.

"You're insane!" I threw my hands over his chest and pushed him back away from me.

I sat on the seat, breathing heavily. My chest rose and dropped as my eyes surveyed the jet quickly and the windows. I jumped to the seat next to me, staring outside. The pilot's voice boomed across the place before it took off from the grounds of the city.

"No, no, you have to stop it." I quickly hurried out of the seat and stood.

"Sit down, Clara." Wayne said, his voice deep and dominating. He wished I would've listened.

"I don't want to leave, Wayne. Stop it and let me go." I stated, my jaw clenched and my teeth pressing against each other. My hand stretched toward the handle. I held it tight as the jet took off.

"I did that mistake once. I'm not going to do it again so it would be better for both of us if you listened this once and placed your ass over the seat." He argued back, still standing over me, hoping he had some control.

It had been nearly a year, he had no control.

"Let me leave."

I gaped as his hand fell between my neck and his fingers tightened around my flesh. He pushed me back over the seat, his hand still on my throat. His face neared mine, merely inches away from meeting. I slammed my lips shut and breathed through my nose.

I was enraged.

I wrapped my hand around his wrist, pulling it away from my throat but he didn't flinch. He restrained me to the seat and gave me a few seconds of silence. In those few seconds, I found my emotions and feelings shifting completely. I couldn't resist what I was feeling when his skin touched with me.

The bond was there, stronger than ever. We were fated and no matter how much I tried to run from it—from him and his pack, my home was there.

"You're my mate, you'll be mine and you're mine," He leaned in closer, brushing his full lips over my earlobe and raising the excitement out of me. I pressed my eyes shut and then continued with closing my legs. "And don't forget you were begging for my mark." He completed, taking me further back into the past where he was between my legs and I was begging for him to mate with me, to mark me as his.

The dirty memories rushed back. His hot breath fanned over my ear and neck, and I tried to stay in control. Tingles flew across my bones, causing a rise in my emotions.

The way he held me down and fucked me raw...

The way he had bred me...

The way he had marked me...

I couldn't forget, none of it.

My eyes opened, I turned slight around, facing him. "I hate you." I said, seated down, this time giving up and letting go of things. I fought no more nor struggled.

If Wayne wanted to take me back, then I was going to go back but there was no way in hell he could change the cruel woman I had become.

"For now..." He grinned before moving his hands away from my throat and resting on the seat beside me.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miaker