Chapter 15

Chapter 15

My face was red, I was red when I stood in front of the mirror, staring at the countless hickey's Wayne had left over my body. They were over my neck, my breasts, my shoulders, my collarbone—everywhere anyone could possibly see.

I tried covering some of them up with the makeup inside the dresser drawers but it didn't help. The hickey's were too dark and fresh to be covered so instead, I wore a turtle neck sweater and hoped no one would see it.

All this for nothing...

My lips lined straight as I grabbed my phone off the dresser and walked out of the room. A few voices reached up to my ears and I went down the spiral staircase before arriving at the kitchen where I found Wayne, all freshened up and munching on food.

His face was bright with life while I was dying with what he had done to me. He had left me whilst I was almost going to finish. I was never going to forgive him for that and the hickey's.

"Would you like something for breakfast, Clara?" Nora asked me, holding an empty tray in her hands.

"Yes, someone's meat." I whispered to myself, lowly, hoping neither of them heard while I eyed Wayne from the top to the bottom. "But alas, I can't have anything unless I don't submit to someone."

He looked up and shrugged, "Just a requirement. For everything in life, you always have to pay a price. I gave you mine."

"That wasn't a price!" I hissed at him while rolling a fork between my fingers in anger. "You knew I wanted and I know you want it as well."

"I do want it, Clara but until you're not going to give in to me or even accept what you feel deep down, I'll not be able to give you anything." He concluded, a smug grin over his face as if he was proud of this all. He wanted to push me to the brim so I could fall over him and he could become my knight.

"I gave in to you. I came here with you." My jaw clenched as I remembered the events from last night. I didn't want to leave the city but yet here I was, fulfilling his desires, submitting to him.

"I forced you to come here."

"Isn't that enough?" I furrowed my brows while standing over him with the fork still in my hand. "What else do you want from me? Love? That's never going to happen, Wayne. I'm not going to have feelings for you, not again. Whatever happened was in the past and I don't intend on repeating it again." I spoke in complete anger and frustration. There was no thinking involved. I said whatever came to my mouth and it was cruel.

Wayne was quiet for a minute before he gave his head a nod and directed his hand toward the chair beside him. "Sit down. Have something to eat."

I looked down at the table, finding fresh food spread out. My stomach grumbled and my ego fled before I crouched and sat down beside him.

Just food. I reminded myself.

In complete silence, I chewed down on whatever I could take but the ever-lasting hunger didn't disappear. There was only one thing that could fulfill my hunger and that was Wayne.

Nora served me with a few eggs and I quickly gobbled them up. It had been an year since I had eaten food made from her hands.

Meanwhile eating, I wondered where everyone else was—the pack members and the other omega's I had worked with during my stay at the packhouse which was now destroyed and turned into a cozy home.

It did feel a lot like home here.

I grabbed onto the newspaper and went over to the sitting area while my eyes scurried across the town's local news. There was nothing much interesting here, just some random boring stories.

However, over to the end of the newspaper, I found a little announcement of a charity gala being held in the town where a few known pack Alpha's were going to visit. It was at the end of the month and there was something suspicious about it.

Wayne despised whenever another Alpha entered his territory, it made him less as an Alpha and weak at the same time.

Hmm.

Surely suspicious.

Once done going through the newspaper, I decided to get ready and leave with the intentions of exploring the town rather than running away.

However, to my surprise, Wayne stopped me long before I could walk out of the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" He questioned me, cornering me near a wall while I grasped onto my bag.

"What do you mean? I'm going out." I replied, confused to why he would be even surprised about this.

I came here, I fulfilled his wish and now I could do anything I wanted to do and I wanted to continue with my life until Wayne would get rid of me and I would go back to the city. It wasn't going to be long before he'd start hating me.

I just needed to be smart.

"Who allowed you to go out?"

My eyes widened, "Oh, I didn't know I was supposed to ask someone."

"You're not allowed to leave this house unless I say so." He said, voice strong and his words even stronger.

I laughed at him, continuing for a long minute before I placed my hand over my chest and stopped. "You're going to stop me from going anywhere I want to? Really?" I cocked my brow at him.

"Yes."

He wasn't joking.

"I'll go anywhere I wish to. Just because I came here by force doesn't mean I'm going to stay here for the rest of my life. What are you even going to do about it? You don't have any control over or over anything I do." I stared into his eyes while I spoke, my voice wobbled a little but returned back to it's tune fast. "I mean—I can promise that I won't leave town for now but that's all."

"That's not going to cut it. I don't trust you." He folded his arms and his chest bulked.

"I don't care if you do or not. I'm still going." I placed my bag over my shoulders and looked for the main door of the house.

"Clara," He wrapped his hand around my elbow and pulled me close to him, close enough for my wolf to smell his. "You're not going anywhere. At least not until I trust you."

"I will go," I sank back to the wall. "What are you going to do about it? Are you going to tie me up and lock me?" I asked with my brows furrowed.

He shot me an amused look while his lips curled into a smile. "The only time I'll tie you up is when I fuck you, Clara." He whispered, barely above his breath.

Mate.

No.

This was just a distraction.

"Well, until then, I'm going to be on my way." I pulled myself away from him and stomped towards the door leading to the outside world. I wasn't going to spent the next year inside a house and a bedroom.

"I trust you to return by evening." I heard Wayne's voice echo behind me while I walked out of the house and rolled my eyes at him.

Like hell I was going to ever listen to him.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr