Chapter 32

Chapter 32

The shower was running when I woke up. I traced my hand over the bed, hoping to feel Wayne but he wasn't here. He was in the shower. Inhaling a deep breath, I pulled the duvet off my body and sat up straight on the bed. The sound of the water dripping continued as I hung my legs over the bed, waiting for him to come out of the shower.

I waited for a couple of minutes but nothing.

What was he doing in there for so long?

I groaned and rubbed my eyes before dragging myself away from the bed and toward the curtains. I parted the curtains, letting in the morning sun which forced the sleep right out of me. Once the room was brightened, I stepped toward the bathroom and wrapped my hand around the door knob.

Should I go inside? Was it right?

Just before I could make a decision, I ran my free hand around my body, examining myself. I thought I would be hurt somewhere but I wasn't. There were a couple wounds on my shoulders and stomach but they had healed over the night, only leaving me with a bruise.

But Wayne didn't hurt me. I thought he would.

I knocked on the door to the bathroom before pulling the door knob and letting myself in. Behind the tall glass stood Wayne, pouring hot water over his head and body. I barely could see him with the steam inside the room but I felt him nearby.

"Are you okay?" I asked, standing near to the door.

"I'm fine, Clara." He responded, his voice dulled. It was different than yesterday, before he told me the monster he was turning into.

"You didn't hurt me," I breathed out before placing my back against the wall of the washroom. "Does that mean you can control it?"

The shower kept running and I could see the steam building up, fogging up the lights inside the washroom as I waited for his response.

"Maybe." Wayne responded after a whole minute of silence.

The corners of my mouth curled and I breathed out a sigh of relief. There was hope. I walked closer to the glass door and slightly moved it. I stepped underneath the water with my clothes still on. Thankfully, it was just a tank top that got soaked the instant second I came under the running water. The steam moved and Wayne's face became clearer in front of my eyes.

Water dripped from the locks of his hair and onto his shoulder. He wasn't showering, he was killing time and controlling his urges.

I placed my hands over his shoulders and traced them down to his bare chest muscles. "I tried but I cannot live without you so I'm going to do everything I can to make this right." I whispered while leaning closer to him.

"But you did live without me." He frowned.

"Every minute I was away from you, I felt terrible—the worst I could've ever felt. I wanted to come back but I was too ashamed as I had been the one who had left." I clenched his hands and explained as my eyes burned under the hot water.

Our breaths grew warm and heavy against each other. I moved my arms around his body, feeling his wet skin brushing against mine. Leaning closer, I placed my hand behind his neck and kissed the nape of his neck while standing on my toes. His arm stretched before snaking around my waist and pulling me tighter against his bare, rock hard chest.

A small groan escaped his throat as I ran my tongue across his neck. He fisted my hair, pulling my head back before slamming his lips against mine.

I quickly gave in to the kiss, opening my mouth and receving him. His tongue slipped in, flicking against mine. I touched him everywhere and my hand landed over his growing shaft. My heart raced rapidly and I closed my eyes while my whole body tingled in desire.

I ran my hand over his cock, fisting it and rubbing the tip of his length against my abdomen. His fingers tightened around my wet hair and he tugged violently.

I moaned against his lips before moving back.

His eyes were dark, filled with need and desire but something else also roamed in them—hunger. He had told me earlier that sex triggered the blood thirst more, especially with me. I didn't want him to hurt me but at the same time, I wanted him inside me, filling me up and ramming the pleasure out of me.

"Are you okay?" I asked, breathing heavily.

He nodded his head a couple of times as his chest rose and dropped. His breaths were uneven and the color was draining off his face. He was not okay. He grabbed onto the rail beside the shower and took a few more breaths.

"Come on, let's go out and get some fresh air." I offered, extending a hand to him.

"Okay." He agreed with me before stopping the water from running anymore.

We both stepped out of the shower at the same time. He wrapped a towel around himself while I stripped out of my wet clothes and put on a bathrobe for the meantime.

Leaving the washroom, I changed my clothes, wearing a fresh pair of undies and a different shirt. I combed through my hair, avoiding any tangles and knots to be formed.

While Wayne changed his clothes, I noticed something. Every time his eyes turned toward the window, he flinched as if the morning sun was hurting him.

Could it be possible?

"Does it hurt you? The sun?" I asked while sitting down on the bed with my legs folded across one and other.

The sunlight directly fell over me and the bed whilst Wayne was on the other end of the room, deep inside the closet, wearing his shirt.

"Sometimes." He replied, looking over his shoulders and seeing the bright light. "Just my eyes. Or maybe they have gotten sensitive." He shrugged, throwing on his shirt and walking out of the closet.

We headed downstairs together and I asked Nora to cook a little something for us while we seated outside, in the backyard and underneath the shade. The weather was rather beautiful today, the wind was gentle and the clouds were scattered all across the blue sky.

Wayne received a few calls from the hospital and then from a few other pack members.

"Noah and his pack are on their way back to their city. We shouldn't be hearing from them anytime soon." Wayne said to me.

I sighed, "That's great to hear."

My thoughts went to last evening and I wondered what would have happened if Wayne hadn't stopped at the right time. I would've killed Noah and anyone else that would have come in my way from Thomas' pack. Whilst Wayne was controlling his bloodthirst, I needed to control my own. I couldn't snap and kill anyone I wished. The list was becoming bigger and bigger day by day.

I blew my breath over the burning hot tea Nora made for us before taking a sip of it. "So, what's the deal with the other Alpha's? Are they also poisoned?" I asked Wayne, wanting to know more about the charity event and the secret meetings.

He shook his head and reached for his coffee, "No. I keep the other Alpha's around just in case. They are my enemies and all I can do is keep close to myself."

"Why?"

His pupils dilated as he remembered something. I couldn't tell what was it as he was quiet for a long time. When he snapped back to reality, he looked over me and responded, "I believe your mother might have sold the poison to one of the Alpha's."

"What?" My eyes widened and I jumped forward. "Why do you believe that?"

"I'm not sure but I feel like someone among the Alpha's that were invited yesterday has hold over the poison."

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr