|-2-|

~In my school~

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Mr. Kundrra welcome", Boss says shaking his hands with the tall man.

I finally glance at him. Damn, he's a sight. He looks like he could be 20, but something tells me he is my age. After he shakes hands I see him glancing at me. I quickly nod as acknowledgment.

Where have I seen him before?

"Tejasswi, this is Karan Kundrra, he's the head male spy in the region. Male version of you.

Oh, that's where.

"I flew him here to headquarters to help you. I know you don't prefer partnering up but in the long run, it will do you well. It is also a chance to meet the top male spy as well", he says signaling to Karan.

"What's the mission on? You said it had to deal with my school?", I said wanted to get the point.
"Right, well someone is leaking private information about Black Light to our enemies."
"Like Black Star?", Karan said the same time I said Black Star. We looked at each other for a second then focused back to Boss.

"Or is it C.O.D.E or H.E.X.A?", I say naming the three opponents we have.
C.O.D.E is the lesser enemy, mostly fueled with jealousy towards Black Light, and H.E.X.A and Black Light have always had bad blood.

"We don't know yet, but we do know this person attends your school so we assigned you.", Boss replies.

I stare at him for a little longer than the standard time from thinking.

If it is in my school why can't I just work alone?

Partnering up gets a bajillion times harder. I have to listen to the other person's opinions and shit instead of just doing it.

Why did he ask this guy to help?

"Tejasswi, is everything alright?", Boss asks interrupting me from my confused thoughts. I realized I was staring too much.
"Uhm, yeah."
"Mr. Kundrra, pardon us for a minute please." I see his head nod in my peripheral vision and then hear heavy-duty boots thomp, exiting the office.
"Tejasswi, I know you don't like this I can tell, but you are a very good and a smart agent. Just like your parents."
I immediately frown and so does my boss.

My parents.

"I know, Tejasswi I miss them too. They both were such amazing agents. Especially your father, he was such a good companion to me", he says his face in a somber mood.

My father and my boss were such good friends, he would come to my house when I was a kid and play with me. I guess that's why its not weird when he calls me Tejasswi or congratulates me after a mission. He does it because my parents would have done it.

I miss them so much.

We stay in silence for a few moments, until I straighten up and push the ache away.

"You can leave for the night Tejasswi, on your way out please bring Karan", Boss says dismissing me.

I give him a nod and head out the door closing it. I see Karan on my right, leaning against the wall. He looks at me when I exit the office.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thursday

Alarms are the worst to wake up to.

I turn my alarm off to see that it is 6:20.