|-5-|

~Winter Formal~

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

One week later

Karan and I have been working hard on the mission and we have gotten way closer to finding the person.

We eliminated 95% of the school and are still working on the 5%.

Speaking of, Karan is starting to fit in school.

Girls are drooling over him and he doesn't give a single shit.

He's made friends out of my friends. Twins, Hiral, Himanshu, and then Aarshiya and Manvi. He is still pretty reserved but we are getting there. Oh, and We've started to become friends too.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Lunch

I'm talking to the girls when Karan and Himanshu pull up. Karan finally made a guy friend and they hit it off pretty well. Himanshu is one of my good friends, he has tan skin, black wavy hair and an adorable Punjabi smile.

"I told you man, I was right wasn't I?" , Himanshu says playfully hitting Karan.

"No man, your not gonna get anywhere , he says annoyed and laughing at the same time.
They take a seat.

"Hey Tejasswi", Himanshu says sitting next to me and hugging me.

He has the sweetest manners.

I smile and him and glance at Karan. He stares at me and gives me a small smile. We all are deep into chatter when Karan takes a seat on the other side of me.

Karan leans into my ear and talks loud enough that I can hear but quiet enough that the others can't.

"I'm heading to train today after school. You wanna come train with me?"

I look up at him confused.
"Train? Why?"

"Could use a punching buddy."

It takes me a few seconds to know he's joking. I punch his arm and he chuckles.
His laugh sends chills down my spine.

"Fine I think I have time," I say.
"Ok, I'll pick you up at 4"
"Deal."
"Deal."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

4:17pm

We head into the wrestling room and put our gloves and gear on and warm up with a few stretches and laps. Karan takes his jacket off, and now he is in black pants and a tight black Dri-Fit shirt.

"I was thinking on working on defense skills today", he says adjusting his grip gloves.
I agree, adjusting my gloves too.

He looks up at me." Alright cool, lets get start-",

I swing a punch to his left cheek and he swings away just in time, not prepared for it.

He rubs his brow to make sure I didn't hurt him. "Tejasswi, give me warning next time yeah?"

"Enemies won't give you warnings when your fighting them", I say proud to catch him off guard.

"You're right", he says quickly recovering to throw a punch at me.