Bonus

~Balance~

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Did you get an update on the case?" I press my phone to my ear, zipping my bag to head out.

"We did. We were able to match the DNA with the girl and we found traces of her fingerprints through the magnetic powder you lended us."

"As you guys motherfucking should." I laugh at Hiral's choice of words.

While grabbing my keys I ask her, "How's you and Aditya?"

"We are great, just really busy with our baby."

"And how is your baby?"

"Our baby is training badasses. I swear the results are off the charts."

Hiral's baby was Black Training. She became manager, working right along her boyfriend. Many of our younger agents in training go there to train instead, leaving more training areas for our established agents whilst giving the little kids a great foundation to combat.

"Actually, Adi wants to say hi to you."

"Tell him I said hi, I'm getting in the car right now so I'll talk later-"

"What about a dinner? You, Karan, me, Adi, Himanshu. Like old times. Please? Please? Pleaseeee-"

"Okay okay, God you didn't even give me time to answer. Check with all of them first."

"They'll be down, they have to. And if they are busy they're gonna make the time."

"Okay love, I gotta go. See you." I start my car and head to my apartment right near Harvard Campus.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I turn the keys in, taking my shoes off and heading to my bedroom to pick out my BlackLight outfit.

Being the Boss has it's perks, I can wear whatever and do whatever. But I still prefer wearing all dark whenever I go. I open my drawers picking through my black clothing when the door of my bathroom opens.

I snap my head to the side, and there he is.

Karan coming out in just a towel. Hair wet and even with the distance I can smell his body wash on him.

He stops drying his hair when he sees me.

He freezes.

I freeze.

I haven't seen him much this week, only a kiss here and there when we would be walking the opposite way at headquarters.

He sighs deeply when he scans my face, satisfaction radiating off of him. I walk to him and he opens his arms. I step in and rest my head to the side of his slightly damp chest, inhaling his body wash and his comfort.

He sighs as well, running his hand over my hair.

"I missed you", his low voice murmured.

"Mmm, I missed you more."

He hugs me tighter. "Impossible."

I look up at him, my chin on his chest and he smiles, giving me a forehead kiss.

"I'll wait for you to get ready, we can go together."

He nods as he puts a pair of black jeans on and a black turtleneck with a silver chain. The black and silver combo on his warm tanned skin made him look spicy, his biceps and shoulders sculpted through the turtleneck. He shakes his hair a little, cute little waves forming. I stop him and instead dry his hair for him, way less aggressive than he does. He just looks at me with a small smile on his face.