|-21-|

~He Got Shot~

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The meeting ends close to 9 pm and Hiral comes to me smiling.

"How freaking cute is Aditya?", her smile all giddy.

"What'd he say to you?"

"He barely even talked. He looked me up and down and smirked. OMG, his smirk is so hot! He said I was pretty and gave me his number."

I smile at her situation, but my mind goes to Karan and Aditya.

Cousins?

He barely spoke about his family and now his cousin is suddenly in the enemy agency.
What is this?

Hiral speaks to me as my eyes shift around the room, and I catch Aditya's eyes on me. He nods his head to come over and I excuse myself from Hiral and head towards him.

He and Karan are very similar, both holding dominating features like light tan skin, dark hair, and dark eyes.

He's handsome. But Karan is more handsome.

"Tejasswi", he says looking down at me, since he has a good height. "You work at BlackLight, yes?"

"Yes."

"Just asking since Hiral and Himanshu are from another. You're my brother's partner." He says it more like a statement.

"That I am."

"I got to say you're gorgeous."

I roll my eyes. "Do you say that to every girl you see?"

His brows furrow and I signal to Hiral. His features soften.

"She's pretty. I don't know, I like her. Just because I call her pretty doesn't mean everyone else is ugly, no?" He chuckles which causes me to ease too.

"You're a trainer?"

"Yeah. Been a trainer here for about 4 years now." He looks at me sternly but his tone soft.

"Look, Karan has always been reserved and he wasn't aware I was a trainer until recently. Don't go hard on him for not telling you."

I sigh.

"I know trust is a major thing with a partner. You can trust him, his loyalty is through the roof."

"Can I trust you?", I rebuttal back.

He laughs. "I like you. You're protective of your case. I can see why he likes you."

"He doesn't. And you didn't answer my question."

He smiles again. "You all are so worried if you can trust me or not. Yes, you can, but the only way you will know truly is if I show it. And you're wrong by the way, he does."