|-14-|

~Lockdown Pt-1~

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

January 6

It's Friday and Karan is supposed to come back to school today. I texted him a few times to see if he needed anything, but I tried to keep it somewhat friendly/professional.

Obviously it wasn't all like that.

Karan face timed me yesterday and he looked a lot better, a slight glow on his face from healing.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

School
8:00 am

"I don't understand what the point of giving us midterm exams does to us besides stress", Manvi says closing her locker and hauling her books.

It was still the first week back from winter break and they were hauling midterms at us.
Manvi and I walk to Aarshiya's locker who is speed unpacking because she's always late.
Aarshiya drops her laptop face down and sighs deeply. "Shit shit shit."

"Aarshiya I don't understand why you give yourself a heart attack every day coming late to school", Manvi says.

Manvi is basically the mom of the group if I'm not acting like the mom. Sad to say, I'm the slightly MIA best friend but there's a valid reason.

I feel someone's presence behind me and then a mild cologne scent.

"Karan! Dude where have you been?", Aarshiya jumps on Karan giving one of her super tight hugs.

"Tejasswi said you got a stomach virus?", Valerie asks saying the question Aarshiya was thinking.

Arms still around Aarshiya respectfully, he responds. "Yeah, just got over it yesterday."

His eyes dart to me, intensely, and Aarshiya and Manvi both turn to me noticing.

Karan wears a navy blue long sleeve with black jeans and these matching navy blue sneakers. He had two silver rings on which I notice he wears quite often.
Trying to make it less uncomfortable for the besties I ask, "Feeling better?"

He responds with "Much," still gazing at me intently with those green-brown eyes which look more like brown today.

The bell rings, indicating we have 30 seconds to enter homeroom, and then we are late.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

10:30
Math

Our teacher was going over some material for upcoming midterms. Aarshiya and I listen while fiddling with our pencils. I glance at Karan who seems bored but attentive, stance laid back on his desk with muscular legs stretched out. He was also fiddling with a pencil.
Our moment at his apartment.

I could tell he was trying not to act differently, but he got what I was saying.
I don't want a relationship because we need to focus on this mission.

Plus, you are moody.

But I still think about you.

My thoughts get interrupted when the sound speaker starts.